• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sweden in trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    What utter overhyped sensationalist bollocks.

I live in Sweden, listen to the local and national news daily and none of this is mentioned at all. I've not heard of anyone worrying about such things and so if it does occur it is so small fry in the grand scheme of things it's not worth mentioning. It's kind of like Swedish news reporting on each and every street fight on a Friday / Saturday night in anyone of the tuliphole council estates in the U.K. while claiming the U.K. Is in the process of a coup.

Sweden is so safe compared to the uk it's almost a joke. I regularly forget to lock the car door or house and so do most of the neighbours, there is no theft or crime where we live. I would allow my 11 yr old daughter walk home from a friends late on a Saturday night through the high street and not fear in anyway that something bad would happen to her. I haven't yet seen a street fight or bar brawl ever in the 4 years of living here and I go out regularly. I can't really think of a better definition of safe.
    We really did not need an objective "home" view on this as it spoils the effect that I am trying to create
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      The Daily Express hates Europe along with those who post articles from newspapers starting with 'Daily...', so no surprises there
      No. The daily express hates the EU as do the rest of us
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Even here in the South of Germany where the gutter press waits with baited breath for the next refugee "incident" to spread all over the interweb is driving them to boredom. You see them walking around, the press that is. See also a few fields with tents, never a peep of disturbance from the refugees arriving. With winter on it's way I'd not be wanting to live in the field, but I guess it beats dodging bullets.

The media must be held accountable for knowingly spreading hate.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          What utter overhyped sensationalist bollocks.

I live in Sweden, listen to the local and national news daily and none of this is mentioned at all. I've not heard of anyone worrying about such things and so if it does occur it is so small fry in the grand scheme of things it's not worth mentioning. It's kind of like Swedish news reporting on each and every street fight on a Friday / Saturday night in anyone of the tuliphole council estates in the U.K. while claiming the U.K. Is in the process of a coup.

Sweden is so safe compared to the uk it's almost a joke. I regularly forget to lock the car door or house and so do most of the neighbours, there is no theft or crime where we live. I would allow my 11 yr old daughter walk home from a friends late on a Saturday night through the high street and not fear in anyway that something bad would happen to her. I haven't yet seen a street fight or bar brawl ever in the 4 years of living here and I go out regularly. I can't really think of a better definition of safe.
          Same here in Denmark, though I've only been here a month.

This big issue here in Copenhagen is bike theft, though there are more bikes than people here it seems Romanians scoop them up by the lorry load and send them home for profit.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

This big issue here in Copenhagen is bike theft, though there are more bikes than people here it seems Romanians scoop them up by the lorry load and send them home for profit.....
            Do they drive on the same side of the road as each other?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

This big issue here in Copenhagen is bike theft, though there are more bikes than people here it seems [s] Romanians [s] some nationality who I won't name scoop them up by the lorry load and send them home for profit.....
              FTF NAT.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Even here in the South of Germany where the gutter press waits with baited breath for the next refugee "incident" to spread all over the interweb is driving them to boredom. You see them walking around, the press that is. See also a few fields with tents, never a peep of disturbance from the refugees arriving. With winter on it's way I'd not be wanting to live in the field, but I guess it beats dodging bullets.

The media must be held accountable for knowingly spreading hate.
                Couldn't it also be attributed to increased presence of police since the previous incident ? Also, with Oktoberfest ongoing more visible presence of police and maybe intelligence sources working in the background. Haven't there been a few arrests based on intelligence ?

Also, if you do end up on the wrong side of Hauptbahnhof station, you do see quite a few refugees (mostly women) begging.

I assume they are refugees since they kept saying "from Syria"

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
                  Couldn't it also be attributed to increased presence of police since the previous incident ? Also, with Oktoberfest ongoing more visible presence of police and maybe intelligence sources working in the background. Haven't there been a few arrests based on intelligence ?

Also, if you do end up on the wrong side of Hauptbahnhof station, you do see quite a few refugees (mostly women) begging.

To be fair I was there last year for the Oktoberfest, there where lots of beggars and mostly white and young.

Comment

Yeah, but I do that as well, to make up for the 10% the agent is getting
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Romma are everywhere, not to be confused with refugees.

I don't see any police at the nearby fields. Sure there's an increased presence at Oktoberfest, but my guess is we'll see more arrests from the usual Aussie crowd than others.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X