• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The grand Tour - 18th November

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Intel View Post
    I've bought an Amazon subscription... ...and I pay for Sky so I can watch the football and F1.
    Ah, now I understand your butt-hurt.

The three talentless idiots - reading from the same 15 year old script penned by the BBC - doing "The Grand Tour" - £25 million they were paid by Amazon, I believe.

And grown men kicking around a football - up to to £250,000 per WEEK, isn't it?

And Hamilton & co. Anything up to £20 million per YEAR including sponsorship, I believe.

It's a good job you are a contractor and can afford to keep these folk above the poverty line.

If it helps, I stopped watching the football and F1. And I won't be watching any more of the GT. Please don't report me to the Chinese authorities.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
      I saw it for free because my mum has Amazon Prime so I went to her house to watch it. She made a lovely afternoon tea to go along with it as well.
      Thief!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why do thieves think stealing isn't stealing if it's done on the internet?

I presume you go out to your local superstore and steal a few DVDs when you don't fancy paying for them as well?
        To quote but a single paragraph of many:

Do not make unlicensed use of Intel's licensed names or logos, such as the Intel name or Intel Inside® Logo. Third-party use of the Intel name or Intel logos requires a license or written permission from Intel. If you are interested in obtaining a license to use an Intel mark or logo, contact your Intel marketing or sales representative, or your local Intel sales office.

Please, stop stealing.
        Last edited by nomadd; 19 November 2016, 20:09.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          To quote but a single paragraph of many:

Do not make unlicensed use of Intel's licensed names or logos, such as the Intel name or Intel Inside® Logo. Third-party use of the Intel name or Intel logos requires a license or written permission from Intel. If you are interested in obtaining a license to use an Intel mark or logo, contact your Intel marketing or sales representative, or your local Intel sales office.

Please, stop stealing.
          Touche....except copyright law allows for fair use in scenarios such as parody, hence the legal use of a parody logo.

In the same way that copyright law differentiates between private broadcast for friends or family and public broadcast which is illegal without licence.
          Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Touche....except copyright law allows for fair use in scenarios such as parody, hence the legal use of a parody logo.
            Ah, you were just joking.

Intel's Lawyers will be pleased about that.

I was just joking about the Grand Tour. I bought an Amazon subscription for my mother, just so she could watch it. And I just happened to be round there for tea and a scone when it came on...

Glad we cleared up all the confusion.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Advantage Nomadd....

Comment

In the same way that copyright law differentiates between private broadcast for friends or family and public broadcast which is illegal without licence.
                You haven't however parodied the logo - you are using Intel's logo unchanged with some (supposedly) humorous text underneath. That is many things - parody isn't any of them...

Also your parody argument is invalid in europe that's an American concept...
                Last edited by eek; 20 November 2016, 11:11.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why do thieves think stealing isn't stealing if it's done on the internet?

I presume you go out to your local superstore and steal a few DVDs when you don't fancy paying for them as well?
                  Haven't we all done it and not necessarily via the internet?

I may, or may not be guilty of none, some, or more of the following in the past

Tapes of music and ZX Spectrum games.
                  Copying of music articles to put into fanzines.
                  Taking tape players in to record live gigs.
                  Downloads of music mixes.
                  Taping mixes from radio.
                  Fake designer wear.
                  Fake high end watch.
                  Copying CDs.
                  Downloading / Watching torrents.
                  Watching pirate DVDs.
                  Reading gifted Kindle books from a friend.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...boladrome.html

It's okay he's already offended everyone apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Haven't we all done it and not necessarily via the internet?

I may, or may not be guilty of none, some, or more of the following in the past

Tapes of music and ZX Spectrum games.
                      Copying of music articles to put into fanzines.
                      Taking tape players in to record live gigs.
                      Downloads of music mixes.
                      Taping mixes from radio.
                      Fake designer wear.
                      Fake high end watch.
                      Copying CDs.
                      Downloading / Watching torrents.
                      Watching pirate DVDs.
                      Reading gifted Kindle books from a friend.

reminds me of Monty Python's 'Mouse Problem':

Originally posted by The Amazing Kargol
                      It's like murder - make a thing illegal and it acquires a mystique. Look at arson - I mean, how many of us can honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building? I know I have.

Comment

Working...
                      X