• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU's chief negotiator agrees that independent Scotland would gain automatic entry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    not just stole our treasures but inflicted us with governments we did not elect.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The SNP are more conservative than the conservatives would like. Din't you know?

Land reform be one example.
      Increase stamp duty taxes.

They're doing the Tories out of a job.
      She's Tony Blair's secret love child?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

not just stole our treasures but you took us in when we were broke fed us and taught our women how a lady should be treated
        FTFY
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Scotland has and is a country long before the UK was. Of course it is a country. What utter nonsense.
          I thought you would have at least used blue

Ok, I may have goaded you a little there, yes it is a country and a fine tradition, but its not a sovereign state which the EU deems a requirement to entry, it cannot be forced out of something it is not a member of. If during the next indy ref, Scotland as a whole over for Independence, but Edinburgh votes to stay, do you think they could stay in the UK as the rest leaves? Which is in effect what you are asking in respect to the UK and leaving the EU
          Last edited by SimonMac; 9 September 2016, 14:51.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

not just stole our treasures
            You still have the Krankies

but inflicted us with governments we did not elect.
            If the SNP stood in more than just scotland you might have a better chance of getting the government you elected, as it stands the UK, which Scotland is a part of, got the government it voted for.

You may see you yourselves as Scottish, but that is like me saying I am from Yorkshire, doesn't mean a squat at national politics level where you are British

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              You may see you yourselves as Scottish, but that is like me saying I am from Yorkshire, doesn't mean a squat at national politics level where you are British
              Scotland is back to being a region now rather than a country. D
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Vote freedom (from Germany)!

Comment

You are ahead of Cornish, but only just in terms of respect

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Wasn't what I asked. The Conservatives are party of low taxes (in theory).
                    LOL
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

but inflicted us with governments we did not elect.
                      Did you research that, or are you just reciting SNP propaganda?

So, Scotland gets the Government it Wants at Westminster, Two out of Three Times from 2014...

Out of the 18 General Elections since 1945, Scotland has got the party at Westminster which won the Scottish popular vote 12 times.
                      9 times Scotland voted Labour, and got Labour. That is, half the time! A further 3 times Scotland voted Conservative, and got Conservative.

This compares with England which has also got what it voted for 12 times. That is 7 times England voted Conservative and got Conservative, and 5 times England voted Labour and got Labour.

3 times, England voted Conservative but Labour won. So England getting the government it did not elect, right?
                      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                      X