• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grammar schools

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    No. I'm not suggesting an end to capitalism.

But using your interpretation you'd probably think it's okay for a PhD in Physics on £19k a year a CERN, unlocking the secrets of nature, versus a PhD in mathematics unlocking algorithms for high frequency trading on £190k a year.

I know which one working for the betterment of all. Do you?
    I think it is fine to pay someone what the market thinks they are worth. The one thing I like about arguing with you is that I get reassurance from realising that I am not the thickest idiot on the planet
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I think it is fine to pay someone what the market thinks they are worth. The one thing I like about arguing with you is that I get reassurance from realising that I am not the thickest idiot on the planet
      Insult is to surrender as is bread is to butter. Your forfeit is accepted.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        my kids schools are 15k per year 2 children 15k*2*7 = 210k and that's a quite average fee for a selective private school and all of this just because the state education system is an absolute disgrace and I'm not getting my tax back because I pay myself for education (and medical health)
        feel your pain, my kids are in as well but the highest yearly fee is £10k upto 11 years old, hence hoping they get into grammar otherwise it's the local academy, because I'm not paying £12k*3*7 = £252k

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Insult is to surrender as is bread is to butter. Your forfeit is accepted.
          I am so well surrendered you can call me Italian
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
          X