• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I fear for the human race

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 18yr old stepson is living in my granny flat and can't change a lightbulb. He got down to one working light, when that went he started using a desk lamp plugged in the hallway, yesterday the wife knocked all the wall sockets out tripping the circuit breaker while hoovering and I'm sure he doesn't even know where the fusebox is, never mind what a trip switch is. He's been avoiding me for 3 months because he owes me £30 that he borrowed 'until he got paid on Friday'.

Winter is coming......

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post

My 18yr old stepson is living in my granny flat and can't change a lightbulb. He got down to one working light, when that went he started using a desk lamp plugged in the hallway, yesterday the wife knocked all the wall sockets out tripping the circuit breaker while hoovering and I'm sure he doesn't even know where the fusebox is, never mind what a trip switch is. He's been avoiding me for 3 months because he owes me £30 that he borrowed 'until he got paid on Friday'.

Winter is coming......

In fairness, there are so many different and incompatible kinds of sizes of lightbulbs these days that not being able to change one or, more specifically, find the right one, is rapidly becoming like not being able to swim the Channel!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

He's been avoiding me for 3 months because he owes me £30 that he borrowed 'until he got paid on Friday'.

Winter is coming......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning_(process)

HTH

Comment

Winter is coming......

Can he use a box of matches

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
          X