• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' ration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's unfair to the people who actually live in Cornwall, Devon, Norfolk etc the vast majority of the time. Are they suppose to have their council services cut because the second home owners can't be bothered to pay full price for them?
    But empty houses don't generate garbage, don't require much of policing, edukation etc - fair council tax for an empty house should be maybe 10% of full rate, certainly not 100%.

btw, shaunbhoy lives there, maybe that would convince you that it's totally fair...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      But empty houses don't generate garbage, don't require much of policing, edukation etc - fair council tax for an empty house should be maybe 10% of full rate, certainly not 100%.

btw, shaunbhoy lives there, maybe that would convince you that it's totally fair...
      2nd homes don't add to a community feel. And they push up house prices. I would ban 2nd home ownership. Or at least tax it a 1000000%

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        2nd homes don't add to a community feel. And they push up house prices. I would ban 2nd home ownership. Or at least tax it a 1000000%
        Build more houses, that's the right answer.

Be entrepreneurial for fecks sake.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Build more houses, that's the right answer.

Be entrepreneurial for fecks sake.
          This is a small overcrowded island.

Do you want the whole country to end up like Birmingham?

Comment

When I drive to office I can see plenty of run down unused buildings with broken windows, why can't cheap housing be build there?

When I drive on M40 to Heathrow I can see endless green land - there is plenty of space in this country to have very cheap housing, albeit not everybody is going to get a nice view of the Big Ben - those houses will inevitably be limited and thus very expensive.

Comment

This is a small overcrowded island.

what full of Russians & Terrified Squirrels?

Yep its the American thing, build more houses its what we would do! You have to remind them that the UK is a third of the size of Texas.

MapFight - United Kingdom vs Texas size comparison

UK is 1% the size of Russia.

MapFight - United Kingdom vs Russia size comparison
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X