• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Independence for London - thickos need not apply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    London - nowhere quite like it. Given its long history of doing rather well I have every confidence it'll be fine this time round too.
    Hmmm I remember at least 2 decades, 70s and 80s, when it was rather a backwater dump.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      they obviously measured when AssCretin was at home. If it weren't then we would lag behind the Italians.
      You don't need a degree to use your native tongue properly. Some level of intelligence will suffice.
      Oh wait ...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Now, now, we all have to do our bit for care in the community, and AssCretin has been allocated to CUK for his therapy.
        Broadmoor is full then? Bugger.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Surely it should be "London is the most educated city in Europe"?

Obvious even to an American.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Surely it should be "London is the most educated city in Europe"?

Obvious even to an American.
            Special dispensation to headline writers

Comment

The answer - by a considerable distance - is London. In parts of London, more than two in three adults of working age, have a degree or higher education equivalent.
              Presumably all working in Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. and mainly immigrants if the comments made by many people are to be believed Would be interesting to actually see a drill down of this report
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                Hmmm I remember at least 2 decades, 70s and 80s, when it was rather a backwater dump.
                Not bad for a city that's been about for two thousand years. Oh and the mid to late 80s were quite an exciting time so I'll give you only 15 there.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Presumably all working in Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. and mainly immigrants if the comments made by many people are to be believed Would be interesting to actually see a drill down of this report
                  yeah because London's economy is all coffee shops and takeaways

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Not bad for a city that's been about for two thousand years. Oh and the mid to late 80s were quite an exciting time so I'll give you only 15 there.
                    Yeah I'll give you that. And the early 90s weren't that great either, the big recession everyone seems to forget nowadays since millenials are so special.
                    My abiding memory of London in the 70s is shabbiness and rubbish everywhere.
                    The change, at least in central London, has been spectacular.
                    Last edited by CretinWatcher; 25 August 2016, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                      yeah because London's economy is all coffee shops and takeaways
                      Ah but if you were to believe half the posters on here...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X