• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Posted a one star review for a van and man firm I used back in 2013, got notice of

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deformation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

I reckon he must have written the "lawyers letter" / notice of complaint himself

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      That's what I've been threatened with via the Man and Van company via the review site BUT the £150 certainly went into his bank account and I got an email from his company stating £150 Payment Received With thanks so I dunno what a judge will say to that ! He also emailed me one of his vans registration number so I could sort out the parking space, of course he did b*gger all. I reckon he pocketed the money and did nothing and didn't even declare it to the tax man, that's why I think he's being so aggressive. I couldn't find a limited company associated with him but maybe he was a sole trader (I know little about that set up), do sole trader set ups have their separate company bank account or can their personal bank account be used to receive monies ?
      It won't get before a judge.

Suing someone costs tonnes of money.

If they aren't in the UK it will cost them even more money especially as when the person eventually gets the letters can go to the court to get the ruling over turned due to not getting previous court letters in a timely fashion.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
        I recommend Spec Ops / Fury of Dracula if you are into stealthy board games, Descent 2nd Edition if you want a board game like D&D but on a table more like a board game, lots of expansions so can get a little expensive, Scythe .. a good 4X4 game set in the late 1800's where factions developed battle mechs with the tech they had.., Mansion of Madness 2nd edition Cthulian based board game played a bit like descent with an App iOS/Android/PC also I think to sort out the book keeping aspects. All great stuff, I am more biased towards Ameritrash games than European style. Also I have my eye on Cry Havoc an asymmetric / area control game due out next month with spacey, futuristic factions ... Lets by absolutely honest with ourselves there are only about 6 video games that are worth playing every year usually 3-4 triple A and the rest a couple of indies, No Man's Sky was rubbish it was like Eco The Dolphin on the PS2 in outer space
        Already have Fury of Dracula & Descent, I am the opposite & prefer Euro style games, will look in to Scythe.
        PC wise, I have currently returned to WoW & BGG is playing Far Cry Primal
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          Already have Fury of Dracula & Descent, I am the opposite & prefer Euro style games, will look in to Scythe.
          PC wise, I have currently returned to WoW & BGG is playing Far Cry Primal
          Only 1 week to go, hope you are prepared

@OP, not worth it future exposure of personal details, if the review site wants to drop your review - let them. Gather the evidence for your own use in the unlikely even of a lawsuit. If you feel like it you can keep putting anonymous bad reviews for the service and watch them squirm trying to take them down.

Comment

+1

No Man's Sky was rubbish
            Try Elite: Dangerous.

Comment

I wont ever get this 10 mins back

Comment

Working...
              X