• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP Madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    FTSE250 is more UK based so more reflective of post Brexit fear/optimism
    Would that be the same FTSE250 that has risen over 2000 points since February 2016 with most of that rise coming post the Brexit vote Simon?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Would that be the same FTSE250 that has risen over 2000 points since February 2016 with most of that rise coming post the Brexit vote Simon?

Which is why I pust fear/optimism, I am not trying to get dragged into that argument
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So I did some research the other day for a commercial property I saw which I wanted to buy and transfer later. Turns out you'll have to pay stamp duty twice, once when you buy it, again when you transfer to the pension. Bugger.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Which is why I pust fear/optimism, I am not trying to get dragged into that argument
          I know. But you did, however inadvertently pop that ball up nicely. I just volleyed it into the top corner.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            So I did some research the other day for a commercial property I saw which I wanted to buy and transfer later. Turns out you'll have to pay stamp duty twice, once when you buy it, again when you transfer to the pension. Bugger.
            There is no Stamp duty in Walter Mitty land. Try buying there fat boy.

Comment

Buy-to-let: Eat Your Heart Out

Originally posted by SouthernManc78 View Post
              Any of you care to share what your SIPP is invested in? A fund or specific companies?
              I used four funds. After two decades trying to fathom how the City works I recently realised it's totally 100% a sham, so I use the proven heuristic of spreading equally amongst different asset classes. These funds covered Corporate Bonds, Gilts, Equities, UK, Far East etc. In theory this provides hedging but curiously they all performed well, with emerging markets doing best. I suppose I have to accept that fund managers can't pick a winner but they do a good job of keeping you in with the pack.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

QE post Brexit has had the same effect on the stock market as QE post 2008.
                http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answ...ock-market.asp
                The very fact that QE is required is a sign of weakness not strength.
                Last edited by CretinWatcher; 15 August 2016, 09:26.

Comment

Interest rates very low, so that forces lots of stupid people put most eggs into stock market

Comment

A 20% correction is just around the corner. Nothing to be worried about when it comes, though it's all just the normal election year cycle. I expect the markets to finish the year strong. Will be looking to buy the dip in October.

The Pound on the other hand, well let's just say many people won't be rushing to Disney land Orlando anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      I have no doubt CW and OG will be along soon to explain this anomaly, and to assure us all that it is just a temporary blip and carnage will shortly ensue once more.

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      I suspect the low GBP/USD exchange rate since the referendum vote has made UK listed shares a bit of a bargain from a dollar point of view, upping demand and therefore the share prices are lifted - improving the values of SIPPs with investment in FTSE100 companies.
                      Saved me the bother. + QE means the money has to go somewhere. Does anyone want to work out how their SIPP values have changed in USD terms?

Mind you, if the FTSE 100 crashes, our Brexit friends will helpfully advise how great it is that shares are so cheap now, and I'll be the first to agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X