• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Britain Is Great

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Britain Is Great

The Economist ‏@TheEconomist 11h
    11 hours ago

The world's most innovative countries: Switzerland, Britain, Sweden, the Netherlands and US

I honestly can't see Germany, Might be the red circle behind France,

Comment

My prediction: 15 years times we will look back on the EU and think "was there ever any point"

Comment

started early again?
        ]Maybe innovation is less important than keeping the 50% of every population that is thick in employment. Germany may not be as innovative but they have Loads of 100 year old family owned companies that simply are the best at what they do.
        Contrast an innovative Dyson (utter plastic crap) with a Miele (excellent).
        if our innovation is so great how come our current account deficit is the largest in the developed world?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          My prediction: 15 years times we will look back on the EU and think "was there ever any point"
          Wrong. In 15 years the younger generation will take us back in.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
            Wrong. In 15 years the younger generation will take us back in.
            The EU or whatever it is called then won't want us back as we would have sold everything to China.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Do you reckon you'll live to see it at your current rate?

Comment

Without Scotland the UK would not be doing nearly as well.

Comment

Well Britain might have wait a bit longer to become "great" again.

Brexit 'will be delayed until 2019' – Article 50 unlikely in January | Metro News

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Well Britain might have wait a bit longer to become "great" again.

Brexit 'will be delayed until 2019' – Article 50 unlikely in January | Metro News

Good. By delaying indefinitely we show that we have taken back control.

Comment

Working...
                    X