• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Runaway to ISIS school girl dead

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burns View Post
    These were just kids who had been lead to believe that something was different to what it was. They got manipulated, plain and simple.

I've got two girls and it's a balancing act on how much to be involved with every aspect of what they're doing. Pushing too much will just make them push you out and keep secrets.

I feel very sad for the families involved. These kids weren't old enough to understand what they were doing.
    Playing hookey from school, or staying out late versus leaving the country, travelling to Syria, joining a barbaric terrorist organization that beheads people and marrying a 'freedom' fighter?

Mmmm. Bloody good manipulation.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Mmmm. Bloody good manipulation.
      Yep, almost like they've practised.

It's only one plane flight that can be booked online, grab a bag and go. I'm sure it's not hard to convince a 16 year old how much fun it would be. Almost like a holiday.

That's why they're still kids, they don't have the life experience in order to know exactly what's going to happen.

Hell, when I was 16 I thought I was the dogs bollocks and nothing would ever happen. I'd never get fat and lose my hair. Well, lesson learned.

Comment

Hell, when I was 16 I thought I was the dogs bollocks and nothing would ever happen. I'd never get fat and lose my hair.
        Well, lesson learned.
        MF still thinks those things and he is well over 16
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yep, almost like they've practised.

It's only one plane flight that can be booked online, grab a bag and go. I'm sure it's not hard to convince a 16 year old how much fun it would be. Almost like a holiday.

That's why they're still kids, they don't have the life experience in order to know exactly what's going to happen.

Hell, when I was 16 I thought I was the dogs bollocks and nothing would ever happen. I'd never get fat and lose my hair. Well, lesson learned.
          Exactly, which is why a bunch of balding middle aged jaded IT contractors shouldn't be gloating over the fact that a 16 year old girl was coerced and manipulated and is now dead. Human sympathy really is in short supply on here

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            Exactly, which is why a bunch of balding middle aged jaded IT contractors shouldn't be gloating over the fact that a 16 year old girl was coerced and manipulated and is now dead. Human sympathy really is in short supply on here
            +1
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              I heard on the news that she was trying to escape back to the west. Possibly that she had changed her mind. We all made some terrible decisions when we were younger, sadly this one proved fatal.

Who knows where her head was at, or who was brainwashing her young naive mind. It's all rather sad.
              Don't believe what the parents say. They probably also blame the schools, social workers and the police except themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Don't believe what the parents say. They probably also blame the schools, social workers and the police except themselves
                It's difficult to put yourself in the position of these parents and it would be easy if you were in their position to attempt to blame others. That's part of the grieving process, it would be tough to deal with that in the public eye as they are.

But if you have no empathy for these girls then I worry for you.

Taken from BBC News article.

Recordings of phone calls between Kadiza and her sister Halima, who is in the UK, were filmed by a freelance journalist for ITV.
                In them, Kadiza said the man she had married had been killed, and that she wanted to return to the UK. She also said she "felt scared".

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Human sympathy really is in short supply on here

There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    You know every facet of your kids lives?
                    Irrelevant. Although I don't buy the modern mindset that at 13 they all turn into Kevin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuEY6jN6gY and stop communicating. Ours didn't. They've all made it to adulthood, seem well adjusted and are doing find in their chosen careers, so I must have done something right (for example, leaving their upbringing to my wife ).

Perhaps the girl's parents were too hands off. Perhaps they wanted to give her her privacy. Or perhaps they were openly (at home) supporting ISIS. Maybe they were bemoaning the West and saying how lovely it would be if the Caliphate were extended to the UK. Maybe they encouraged her activity. Of course, if they did, there's no way they could actually say so. In public they'd have to be all shocked.

The fact is, we don't know. I wouldn't assume the parents were innocent parties, but either way, they failed.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm surprised the BBC headline isn't

"Innocent British child killed by appalling Russian/USA military whilst on holiday"

Comment

Working...
                      X