• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving through the 'hood.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    No, not like GULAG - in GULAG you could get shot by guards for just stepping away from the path, or just shot and claimed you tried to escape. You would also work 14 hours a day with tempreture -30C cutting trees, getting sh1t food, no phone calls home, no parcels, no lawyers, no nothing.
    Sounds good to me, the shootings and extreme manual labour will cut a swath into the prison population and people will be tulipting themselves when they think of being banged up in prison. Just the sort od incentive we need to nip a load of crime in the bud.

Also get the prisonors working to make life better for the rest of us all round vote winner as far as i'm concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      Sounds good to me, the shootings and extreme manual labour will cut a swath into the prison population and people will be tulipting themselves when they think of being banged up in prison.
      The problem of GULAG was not that of very harsh conditions (think mortality rate was 20% per year, given that sentences were well above 10 years it meant certain death), but the fact of the great injustice for most people who were send there: say I would not cry for Ian Huntley and other convicted murders (where proof is overwhelming, ie nothing circumstantial) if they were in harsh conditions where they had to fight for their lifes rather than spend day playing on Playstation.

This is civilized country however, so no GULAGs will be possible, but at the very least it should be possible to send to prison all those who deserve - building more prisons is the only way out and I'd pay more tax for that.

Comment

"Why are so many drivers not stopping after an accident?"

Isn't that obvious. They either don't have insurance or know that their insurance will go through the roof if they leave their details. A while ago I managed to scrape a car when I misjudged the width of mine - not a lot of damage done, but I informed the guy. He was suprised as it had only just been fixed after somebody else did the same thing but did a runner. As I have had the exact same thing done to me I know how annoyed I was and figured it would be unfair to do that to somebody else.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I would agree that only criminals that have been proved guilty with decent amount of hard evidence should go to a place like this, not some homeless bloke who nicked a packet of crisps from a newsagent.

As for this being a civilised country... Well it was once but we are not going to be much longer if crime keeps getting worse and nothing is done to prevent it or make the consequences so horrible that people will not want to risk it. In my opinion to have a country where people respect each other and crime is not an option we have to make the consequences of crime so horrible that nobody would dare risk it because of what would happen to them if they got caught.

Bleeding heart liberals won't agree with me, but it is thier fault that the country is in the state that it is currently in so who gives a toss what they think!!!

Comment

I am a liberal - but scumbag who persistently breaks laws and make other peoples life a misery should be locked up in jail. People who make mistake or accident or what not, okay benefit of the doubt can be given, but after 3rd offence it should be very long prison sentence with zero tolerance afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              I am a liberal - but scumbag who persistently breaks laws and make other peoples life a misery should be locked up in jail. People who make mistake or accident or what not, okay benefit of the doubt can be given, but after 3rd offence it should be very long prison sentence with zero tolerance afterwards.
              So you're not a very liberal liberal. And "3 strikes and you're out". Where have I heard that before...?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think 3 strikes is American inventionand I am inclined to agree with it - people who break law persistently seal their own fates, they choose to be isolated from society and should spend their life in jail.

Of course there are crimes that should not be punished - say if you smoke hash in privacy of your house and don't bother anyone then in my book it's not a crime, but if you steal stuff to feed your drug habit then you either have to get rid of habit or go to jail.

Comment

Bring back Capital Punishment!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy
                    Bring back Capital Punishment!!!!!!!
                    No. There can still be mistakes in justice and killing innocent people like this is wrong. And scum criminals will suffer longer with life sentence rather than being given quick painless death.

Comment

I wonder how England compares to the G8 countries in this regard? Would not be surprised if we were no. 1.

Even if a driver does admit to killing a pedestrian - they get the equivalent of a peck on the cheek. What's the diff. if they drive off?
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X