• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Trek Beyond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually really enjoyed it. Thought it was going to be a load of old toss, but it was really enjoyable.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Well Beyond was OK. A lot of people watching said at the end that it was the best of the 3. I'd say the CGI was outstanding (but mostly missed by the audience). Some of the scenes are very dark (in the light sense) so require some concentration. All in All worth seeing.

The Martian in 3D was outstanding in the Cinema.
      Regarding 3D movies, Avatar was very good, but for me, Batman vs Superman in IMAX 3D was better, the first sequence and the explosions was outstanding.

Comment

Yep the missus got hooked on Avatar in 3D (one of the main reasons my training dept has a nice HD 3D projector). Not seen BM vs SM s can't comment, although I have all of the others (BM) will probably get it some time. There's a plenty of recommendations out there. I used the original list form here a year of so ago. Hugo is actually very good as is Gravity and Life of Pi, both of which take on a whole new lease of life in 3D, LoP particularly. All of the above have one thing in common in that they were filmed in 3D and it does make a difference.

Most laugh out loud 3D experience was Top Gun 3D.

Comment

I like the song. I saw it (videoclip song) yesterday in the IMAX 3D theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhIT4MpRis
          Last edited by Bee; 18 August 2016, 15:19.

Comment

Working...
          X