• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirja View Post
    Wrong?
    Eh excuse me old chap, but could you mention one thing, just one that has changed between June 23rd and now as concerns our global trading arrangements/access?

I would advise you suspend gloating till article 50 has ACTUALLY BEEN ACTIVATED. Strange how there seems to be no urgency to do that............
    First point. When last month's retail figures were down it was gloom due to Brexit. Are you saying those figures weren't due to Brexit? Are you off message?

Second point. Why would we trigger A50 and our 2 year period before we are ready? If we pee off the EU then so be it but we work to our timetable, not theirs. Or would you rather we started now and spent the first 6 months of our 24 getting the team together, presumably so you could shout about minimal progress?

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
      All these figures show is the strength of the economy within the EU.
      The full effects of Brexit will take years to be felt, death by a thousand cuts.
      I fully expect the job market to tighten going forwards as FDI falls.
      People of average intelligence or lower like GB9, DP, SB etc. and their offspring, who won't be able to access the global market for talent, will be most affected by the shrinking opportunities.

HTH
      Good to see you are alive / out of bed.

You've been expecting to see lots recently but not had much luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

You've been expecting to see lots recently but not had much luck.
        No I didn't.
        The uncertainty and doubt that's affecting multinational/exporting/City businesses will take some time to make itself felt, as will the permanent devaluing of the pound.
        Last edited by CretinWatcher; 18 August 2016, 14:43.

Comment

No I didn't.
          The uncertainty and doubt that's affecting multinational/exporting/City businesses will take some time to make itself felt, as will the permanent devaluing of the pound.
          By which time you'll be hoping that we will all have forgotten what an enormous bellend you have been with your ludicrous baseless predictions I suppose?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sales are good because people are spending their pounds before devaluation reaches retail which currently got sell prices based on old exchange rates.

Comment

http://newsthump.com/2016/08/18/far-...ain-supporter/

Yeah that's probably about right.

Comment

I don't care if I'm right or not - I have the financial and intellectual capital to avoid the worst effects of Brexit.
                Do you? Or are you just hoping?

Comment

I don't care if I'm right or not - I have the financial and intellectual capital to avoid the worst effects of Brexit.
                  Do you? Or are you just hoping?
                  Funny, never had any problem whether it went either way, so didn't endlessy bleat on here, still smiling currently
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Funny, never had any problem whether it went either way, so didn't endlessy bleat on here, still smiling currently
                    Currently, yes

Comment

Currently, yes
                      Thing is the whole world economy is fecked in any case. That's a bit of a game changer when it comes to anyone predicting what's going to happen.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X