• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU appoints former French minister who blames Britain for losing his job to lead Bre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    So, this Labour party that has binned off Corbyn by then has which voters backing it? Labour voters want Corbyn in charge, they've made it clear. PLP do not, they've made that clear. Scotland want SNP.
    Korbyn won't mind wealth tax and all the other tulip that idiot is proposing, if anything he'd put him in charge of implementing it.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      But it voted to be part of the UK which has a UK government. It had a chance to leave but didnt want it.

You really don't get democracy, do you.
      They'll want another vote, that's democracy innit, or you propose NOT to let them vote again?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Korbyn won't mind wealth tax and all the other tulip that idiot is proposing, if anything he'd put him in charge of implementing it.
        You've missed the point. Korbyn won't make it to the next election.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          You've missed the point. Korbyn won't make it to the next election.
          You mean he will have an accident?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            They'll want another vote, that's democracy innit, or you propose NOT to let them vote again?
            I would definitely let them vote again. Better still, I would let England vote on whether or not Scotland should stay in.

Sturgeon is holding back in case she loses, or more probable, she wins but the EU tell her to apply like anyone else and the Spanish would flatly refuse to let them in.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              I would definitely let them vote again. Better still, I would let England vote on whether or not Scotland should stay in.

Sturgeon is holding back in case she loses, or more probable, she wins but the EU tell her to apply like anyone else and the Spanish would flatly refuse to let them in.
              Exactly. 55% of Scots voters opted to stay within the UK in the full and certain knowledge that a Brexit vote was a distinct possibility. And that at a point in time when keeping the pound was still arguably a possibility, and the oil price was still at a decent level.
              The options now seem to be rejoining the EU at the bottom rung and embracing the Euro whilst accepting that Scotland may have to accept an undefined number of asylum seekers/economic migrants.
              And even then any number of other EU members may be ready to torpedo such an eventuality with Spain leading the queue.
              In short, for all her bluff and bluster, the appetite for another Indy referendum is lukewarm at best with no real likelihood of the result being any different to the one that occurred less than 2 short years ago.
              I suppose they could always show some more reruns of the factually embarrassing "Braveheart" fiasco with the cuddly short-arsed Aussie in the lead role, although I think that particular option has probably already galvanised the support of the optimum number of gullible simpletons available to it.
              Maybe a remake of "Whisky Galore" in which the Treasury sequester all the proceeds to refurbish Buck House's Duck Pond might tease out any latent Jacobite sympathy vote that still remain untapped?

Last edited by shaunbhoy; 27 July 2016, 22:26.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
              X