• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain to get absolutely everything it wants from Brexit negotiations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    He'll be wondering what the point of a trade deal with South Korea is next.
    You have to forgive sas for his rather unimaginative views. A lifetime of being led by the nose can do that to someone.....if they are simple enough.
    Like most Bremainers, he is more interested in the whole move failing spectacularly because he did not have the vision or wit to foresee it, than he is in grasping the nettle of new challenge.
    Sour grapes and petulance and a huge indicator of an underlying lack of self-esteem. A product of his rather odd environment if truth be told.
    More to be pitied than scolded.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Woe, woe, thrice woe. More fall out from Brexit.

Business continues to collapse upwards under the weight of foreign investment.

ARM chipmaker to be bought for £24bn by Japan's Softbank - BBC News

UK technology firm ARM Holdings is to be bought by Japan's Softbank for £24bn ($32bn) it confirmed on Monday.

The board of ARM is expected to recommend shareholders accept the offer - which is around a 43% premium on its closing market value of £16.8bn on Friday.

The Cambridge-based firm designs microchips used in most smartphones, including Apple's and Samsung's.

ARM, which was founded in 1990, employs more than 3,000 people.

Shares in the UK technology firm surged by 45% at the open of the London Stock Exchange to 1,742.85p per share, adding £7.56bn to ARM's market value.....

...ARM said it would keep its headquarters in Cambridge and that it would at least double the number of its staff over the next five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        Do you think this deal (which I'm delighted with, as it's made me quite a profit) is because of Brexit?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Do you think this deal (which I'm delighted with, as it's made me quite a profit) is because of Brexit?
          No, of course not. As the great and the good keep reminding us, anything that is perceived as a positive would have happened anyway. Only the BAD things are as a direct result of Brexit. Obviously.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Not directly as these things take months to set up, although they did mention the slightly lower currency rate this morning.

As per SB's comment, it shows things haven't stopped as forecast by the Remainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Business continues to collapse upwards under the weight of foreign investment.
              FFS Like I said Stupidity is too small a word.

Do you know the difference between FDI and a company takeover/buyout. All this means is that strategic control of ARM (one of the only successful large UK tech companies) has now moved to Tokyo.

HTH! BIKIW.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                Not directly as these things take months to set up, although they did mention the slightly lower currency rate this morning...
                Yeah. Instead of a 70% profit, I've only made 50%. I woz robbed by Brexit.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yeah. Instead of a 70% profit, I've only made 50%. I woz robbed by Brexit.
                  I feel more comfortable now.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                    FFS Like I said Stupidity is too small a word.

Do you know the difference between FDI and a company takeover/buyout. All this means is that strategic control of ARM (one of the only successful large UK tech companies) has now moved to Tokyo.

HTH! BIKIW.
                    So where does the doubling of staff come into it then? Looks like investment to me.

I'm not too happy with the deal though as it's one of our best companies now in foreign ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      So where does the doubling of staff come into it then? Looks like investment to me.

I'm not too happy with the deal though as it's one of our best companies now in foreign ownership.
                      Yeah management will always put a gloss on it.
                      Doubling of staff? Let's see what the new Jap masters decide in the light of events in the British economy, shall we?

Comment

Working...
                      X