• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit House Price Doom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I, for one, dont care one iota if they go down.
    I would like them to go down.

I'm sure we are the only country in the World where people think it's good to pay more and more for a place to live. If fuel or food went up at the same rate there would be a national outcry.

Comment

I was planning on buying a BTL in Bridgwater to let out to one of the many thousands of new workers at the soon to be expanded Hinckley Point Power Station.

Don't know whether Brexit is going to affect the French investment

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        I would like them to go down.

I'm sure
        we are the only country in the World where people think it's good to pay more and more for a place to live. If fuel or food went up at the same rate there would be a national outcry.
        Nope, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore have similar issues, in certain areas, too.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Nope, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore have similar issues, in certain areas, too.
          Australia and Canada? With all that space

I suppose in the case of Australia you can argue that a lot of that space is pretty inhospitable terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            Australia and Canada? With all that space

I suppose in the case of Australia you can argue that a lot of that space is pretty inhospitable terrain.
            Hence why I used the term " certain areas"
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I don't know how this will affect prices in Birmingham

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...er-brexit-vote
              Prices for luxury flats like mine will only go up

Comment

No change to IR though.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Prices for luxury flats like mine will only go up
                  Is there a snigger emoticon here?
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Osbourne's daydream. And we know what happened to him. Until there's significant investment in transport links (across the north, not just one giant north->south route) it's all just hot air.
                    Northern Powerhouse: George Osborne to chair new think tank - BBC News

Now our best man is on the case a Northern powerhouse must be close.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Northern Powerhouse: George Osborne to chair new think tank - BBC News

Now our best man is on the case a Northern powerhouse must be close.
                      Indeed, our Northern colleagues must be rubbing their hands in glee.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X