• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Feckin Johnson as Foreign Secretary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to get things in perspective here

We export 3.5 billion worth of goods to Japan, the same for Australia and most other non-EU and non-US large countries

We export 18.8 billion to the Netherlands just an example of one EU country.

We export 31 billion to the US.

All other countries are small fry. The only two trading blocks that really matter right now for the UK are EU and the US, and the US has put us at the back of the queue.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Just to get things in perspective here

We export 3.5 billion worth of goods to Japan, the same for Australia and most other non-EU and non-US large countries

We export 18.8 billion to the Netherlands just an example of one EU country.

We export 31 billion to the US.

All other countries are small fry. The only two trading blocks that really matter right now for the UK are EU and the US, and the US has put us at the back of the queue.
      Britain trades more with Ireland than with India and China combined
      If only Brexiters had done better at school, they wouldn't be plaguing us with their patent ridiculous absurdities.
      And to think that one of them thinks Britain has a good education system.

Comment

It gets worse:

Minister for Brexit Davis Davis appeared unaware of how EU trade deals actually work | UK Politics | News | The Independent

The "chief" Brexit negotiator has no idea.

Apparently he googled "what is the EU" after he was appointed Brexit minister

Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 July 2016, 12:27.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

A map of all the countries Boris Johnson has offended

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Actually: in May 2016, the seasonally adjusted youth unemployment rate in Spain was at 43.9 percent and has been going down since July 2015 when it was 48%. One has to get ones facts right before one goes spouting off...
            Only 43 % unemployed !

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
              Only 43 % unemployed !

Uk yooof unemployment was 22% at recession peak.
              Not as bad but not great either.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                it has been happening for years, many companies are moving support to Eastern Europe rather than India nowadays, Manufacturing has already gone. Brexit is just likely to accelerate it slightly for us.

Head Office in Ireland or a tax haven. Customer & sales support in Eastern Europe, Manufacturing in the East or Africa and only Service Engineers & Sales teams physically left in the expensive countries.
                That's exactly how I think things will pan out for a lot of mufti-national firms. I expect Dublin to be the BIG winner from Brexit.

Comment

Presumably the US is coloured red because he was rude honest about Obama.

That will make a fat lot of difference after November, and he'll probably get on like a house on fire with President Trump.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    It gets worse:

Minister for Brexit Davis Davis appeared unaware of how EU trade deals actually work | UK Politics | News | The Independent

The "chief" Brexit negotiator has no idea.

Apparently he googled "what is the EU" after he was appointed Brexit minister

I think it was Nick Bowles who described David Davis as IDS with hair. I am sure the EU negotiators can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
                      That's exactly how I think things will pan out for a lot of mufti-national firms. I expect Dublin to be the BIG winner from Brexit.
                      Staffing would then be an issue, I think.
                      There is always a lot of tech contracts available in Dublin, I can only presume because they don't have the skills there.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X