• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who has the heating on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffoon View Post
    Got up this morning and it’s a bit nippy; especially when I open the door to the balcony to get some air. Think I shall have to fire up the old central heating tonight. Actually, I’d better get it checked first. I don’t know if it works properly, I’ve never used it as I only moved here in the spring.

It is November I after all. I suppose that I am just in denial that summer is over.
    Well this thread was a foreboding of doom. Or as they zay in German. Das war ein kalter Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Well this thread was a foreboding of doom. Or as they zay in German. Das war ein kalter Winter.
      So I just jinxed winter 2010 and we're all going to freeze to death?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You should get SMS heating control. It’s bwilliant; you send an SMS to your central heating with an instruction like ´unfl on 21´ and it switches on the underfloor heating to raise the temp to 21 degrees. Get indoors with cold feet on a chilly day and your feet get toasty and warm on the kitchen tiles.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          You should get SMS heating control. It’s bwilliant; you send an SMS to your central heating with an instruction like ´unfl on 21´ and it switches on the underfloor heating to raise the temp to 21 degrees. Get indoors with cold feet on a chilly day and your feet get toasty and warm on the kitchen tiles.
          'tltseat on 21'

Comment

I going to try to get through winter without using heating again. But I'll wear warmer clothes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              And you with a perenially wet bed too!!
              Suityou had mentioned he'd had an electric blanket a while back but had to get rid of it as he kept shocking his wife!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Suityou had mentioned he'd had an electric blanket a while back but had to get rid of it as he kept shocking his wife!
                Suityou02 was ok with it, it was your missus who kept compaining.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Suityou02 was ok with it, it was your missus who kept compaining.
                  FFS!

Has my wife been sleeping with yours again! I've told her not to do it for free!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No, still got to clean/service mine. It's like being a vet having to deal with with a very sharp, hard and sooty cow.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      FFS!

Has my wife been sleeping with yours again! I've told her not to do it for free!
                      For free and let's me keep the tapes

Comment

Working...
                      X