• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to avoid the stigma of telling people you are off playing pokemon go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    Complete bollocks.

You just download the apk (and try to make sure you don't get one of the dodgy infected versions) and play.
    I was trying it in the UK at the weekend, and I've been wandering about with it here in Spain today. Working fine at both - although I can report that there are no little critters hiding on the runway at either end.
    +1 Although not officially available in the UK Fella in this office setup a US Iphone account and downloaded it and it works fine In the UK because apparently Americans go on holiday and they might use it here, he also found a Pokemon hiding in the office, it wasn't Sqirtle though

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Just waiting for the first reports of a fatality caused by some muppet wandering into traffic while on their phone trying to catch one.
      Already happened. Some guy drowned in the US while playing it, and a girl also playing it found his body in a swamp a few days later.

(I don't have a reference to hand, but I briefly skimmed the story at the weekend.)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yep, downloaded it to my iPhone for the weeun last night. Log out of your normal iTunes account, change location, download the free app and create a new account in the Oz shop, then once it's downloaded change everything back again.

Server is a bit slow, but otherwise it works okay. Portable battery pack recommended for any serious hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Simply tell them you are going dogging.

Has anyone actually tried pokemon go yet? Any good?
          No, but I expect Mudskipper to be here soon to tell us about it and what IPSE benefits there are.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            No, but I expect Mudskipper to be here soon to tell us about it and what IPSE benefits there are.
            Thank you.

No idea what it is, but you can get a 9% discount at Debenhams with IPSE Advantages which could be used for a range of Pokemon goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Already happened. Some guy drowned in the US while playing it, and a girl also playing it found his body in a swamp a few days later.

(I don't have a reference to hand, but I briefly skimmed the story at the weekend.)
              2016-07-10 Pokemon Go player finds dead body in Wyoming river while searching for a Pokestop

(It doesn't actually say the dead guy had also been playing. But that seems plausible if his phone had guided her to the same spot.)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

All sorts of rumours going on

people hanging around Pokeshops and Gym locations waiting for Go-ers to appear and then robbing them.

Not heard of murder yet but....

Comment

Hadn't heard of it until I read a news item this morning. Sounds rather a good way to organise burglaries, maybe do a link with Uber. Or perhaps turn serial killing onto a sort of giant real world monopoly game. That would be fun.

Darn it, just noticed oPM beat me to that one.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Stand back Teletubbies and the Tinky Winky sexuality debate....

The Westboro Baptist Church have been targeted:

Pokemon Go: Westboro Baptist Church fires wrath at pro-LGBTQ trainer who ‘claimed’ their church | Culture | The Independent
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Stand back Teletubbies and the Tinky Winky sexuality debate....
                      Everytime I hear that word, all I picture in my head is the girl in a bath tub.

Comment

Working...
                      X