• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Lewis warns over sterling slump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    And your thoughts on the slump in consumer confidence?
    Consumers have been over spending for years. About time the UK learned to live within its means.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      She has her own job.
      There's Always money to be made down on the docks.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        That reminds me of my Dad's favourite Christmas joke (please excuse the slight paraphrasing):

Times are tight in the CretinGenius' household and his mum has gone on the game. Don't worry though, she came home last night with one hundred pounds and five pence. CretinGenius' Dad asked her "What tight c*** gave you five pence?" Her: "They all did".

Boom, boom.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So your view is that John Lewis and other big retailers (AKA importers) are not supposed to be affected by big slump in value of sterling???

I reckon 80% of what they sell are imports, in remaining 20% "made in UK" around 80% of cost is based on imported materials.
          Presumably you will be relocating soon
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Presumably you will be relocating soon
            I might be - Bham council put up a lot of average speed cameras ffs

Comment

I might be - Bham council put up a lot of average speed cameras ffs
              EU directive?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I really don't know what you're all worried about.

This referendum is not legally binding; Article 50 won't be triggered without a vote in parliament and the motion will be overwhelmingly rejected. (whether or not that will require a GE somewhere down the line, I don't know but there are a number of potential scenarios).

As Jeremy Clarkson says, who cares if we upset a few million northerners who only voted leave because they were worried about living next door to a "darkie"?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  DHL rang, your years supply of Lube has arrived
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    EU directive?
                    Nope, some local 'tards initiative - average speed check cameras in 30mph zone - at least one of them dual carriageway, which is very straight, should have been 40 mph at least.

I don't mind them on motorways, but totally unreasonable to have them where those muppets put them.

Comment

Nope, some local 'tards initiative - average speed check cameras in 30mph zone - at least one of them dual carriage way very straight, should have been 40 mph at least.

Well, if the EU isn't at fault it must be Jeremy Corbyn's fault.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X