• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Why in the present circumstances does a bit of inflation spell doom?
    "The triple lock on the state pension was introduced by the Liberal Democrats in Government. It means that the state pension rises every year by the highest of price inflation, earnings growth or 2.5%."

Big increase for Govt - who will be paying for it? The young people who tried to Remain in EU and avoid inflation altogether...

DOOOMED!!!

Comment

Doom, I tell you, it's doom....LSE shareholders approve merger with Deutsche Börse | Business | DW.COM | 04.07.2016
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(series)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          "The triple lock on the state pension was introduced by the Liberal Democrats in Government. It means that the state pension rises every year by the highest of price inflation, earnings growth or 2.5%."

Big increase for Govt - who will be paying for it? The young people who tried to Remain in EU and avoid inflation altogether...

DOOOMED!!!
          Young people will be the biggest to benefit if house prices go down.

Comment

Off to Florida in Sept so more peed off about the exchange rate to be honest!
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Rising inflation and falling interest rates?

Buy property.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                Rising inflation and falling interest rates?

Buy property.
                Yeah, buy property

More in a sister DOOM thread - "DOOM: 'The dominos are starting to fall in the UK commercial property market'" - forums.contractoruk.com/general/115717-doom-dominos-starting-fall-uk-commercial-property-market.html

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yeah, buy property

More in a sister DOOM thread - "DOOM: 'The dominos are starting to fall in the UK commercial property market'" - forums.contractoruk.com/general/115717-doom-dominos-starting-fall-uk-commercial-property-market.html
                  I repeat: buy property.

Not a stock-exchange listed property or REIT fund

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    I repeat: buy property.

Not a stock-exchange listed property or REIT fund
                    This time it's different™.

Personally, I wouldn't be buying any property right now, commercial or residential, and especially not indirectly. Credit supply has taken valuations to a point where they're exceptionally high on the fundamentals (income multiples etc.) and credit supply alone probably won't take them much further. OTOH, sentiment (in the short term) and reductions in real income (in the next year) could take them much lower. In the longer term, I broadly agree, but it's difficult to see anything other than a correction in the SE/London in the near term, which is no bad thing (although, unfortunately, the Brits generally pull out as fast as they put in).

Comment

Working...
                    X