• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK in Schengen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Then there had better be a plan for the riots if we don't leave.
    Nothing will happen of that sort. Maybe some social media war is possible.

To leave properly, you need to realise that you will first need to trigger article 50. Even then you will need to finalise good deals with such block for access to single market. And secure lots of deals with non-eu countries.
    These things do not happen by posting Facebook or Twitter posts. These things takes ages, since there are lots of compromises to consider in each side of the negotiation.

All that said, even the faaaaaaaar right UKIP are against triggering article 50. The only one jumping up and down is Farage, and even he has not said it needs to be done soon.

The models leavers want are horrendously impossible to achieve, without a touch of free movement of labour... Which if accepted will be undemocratic or problematic, since that was not what they sold to leavers and Farage group.

Given even UKIP are not ready to trigger 50, who do you think is going to create that chaos that you are constantly posting about? Probably Mordac might... But that is about it
    Last edited by Milkyway; 30 June 2016, 19:53.

Comment

And let's face it, that has worked a treat, hasn't it. No terrorist atrocities whatsoever.
      Not too many in Germany (with a heck of a lot more migrants than the UK) and if I recall correctly, the ones in the UK were homegrown...

Edit: sorry there have been some in Germany but they were by far right extremists
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Not too many in Germany (with a heck of a lot more migrants than the UK) and if I recall correctly, the ones in the UK were homegrown...

Edit: sorry there have been some in Germany but they were by far right extremists
        I was referring to Brussels and Paris. I'm not suggesting border checks would have prevented either, but the total absence of border checks must have made the job a whole lot easier.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I was referring to Brussels and Paris. I'm not suggesting border checks would have prevented either, but the total absence of border checks must have made the job a whole lot easier.
          Weren't they also homegrown? As for border checks between those two countries, even without Schengen you could cross it easily enough. Actually the other day I popped over to Strasbourg and there were border checks...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I was being mildly facetious - I'm sorry if that confused you, but I do appreciate there are some things a mere muppet cannot possibly comprehend.
            You on your period love ? Need a wee bar of chocolate ?
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I believe it's traditional to take a route through the ardennes if you want to attack the frenchies

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                You on your period love ? Need a wee bar of chocolate ?
                Patronising nobishness at it's weakest. Is that the best you can do? Bless.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Weren't they also homegrown? As for border checks between those two countries, even without Schengen you could cross it easily enough. Actually the other day I popped over to Strasbourg and there were border checks...
                  The Paris lot came from Brussels. Yes, you're probably right, anyone serious about crossing the border would have no trouble, but removing border controls is not part of the solution.

Comment

Patronising nobishness at it's weakest. Is that the best you can do? Bless.

He's Scottish. The only good thing he's good at is banging a drum over and over and over and....

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      I believe it's traditional to take a route through the ardennes if you want to attack the frenchies
                      Pausing only to pick up some of their delicious pate...

Comment

Working...
                      X