• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE100 recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post

And to think we used to have an economy that allowed even cretins like you to put bread on the table.
    Yes correct, and we still do

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Yes correct, and we still do
      Taken in good form .....
      Seriously though, do you not think companies that want access to the single market will think twice about investing here with years of uncertainty? The ones who are here already aren't going to go anywhere yet but they will be drawing up plans for a move to the continent if things go badly with negotiations. It will just be a slow haemorraging of jobs abroad (and the best people).
      Actually I know for a fact that is happening already in the City i.e. plans are being activated that were planned long before Brexit, in the event of Brexit.
      Last edited by CretinWatcher; 29 June 2016, 13:10.

Comment

Brexit Boom

"FTSE 100 breaks 6,300 and pound stabilises as hopes of stimulus banish Brexit blues" The Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          "FTSE 100 breaks 6,300 and pound stabilises as hopes of stimulus banish Brexit blues" The Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
            Brexiter lies!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              The FTSE had deeper drops in Dec last year and mid Feb this year than after the result last week. Fact.

Not saying there won't be more instability but CWs assertion that saying that companies my be moving abroad as a result is not based on fact and not substantiated.
              My comment was about Sterling, specifically. On that, you're completely wide of the mark. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                I wouldn't go with the Evening Standard on house price predictions

They almost certainly will be affected. Prime Central London is a market in itself, largely divorced from London as a whole. It's too early to tell, but there's some evidence that UK buyers are going to wait and see, and no amount of foreign buying in PCL will offset that. That being said, an orderly () correction in prices would be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                X