• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson says he is worried by the confusion in the media.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    as it increases investment and manufacturing jobs growth.

We don't have a working government at the minute. Who in there right mind is going to invest in the UK in the coming months? I don't know what you're smoking but put me down for a few packs.

Companies plan Brexit hiring freeze
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

All sides of politics and business have been calling for a weaker Sterling as it increases investment and manufacturing jobs growth.
      Surely if any of the predictions of economic benefits of leaving turn out to be remotely true The Pound will go back up and any benefit lost.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

All sides of politics and business have been calling for a weaker Sterling as it increases investment and manufacturing jobs growth.
        Ah yes, and we know that they look after the interests of the consumer, don't we?

I doubt that "all sides" have been calling for a weaker sterling - small businesses and net importers will be on the opposite side of the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Take back control.

No you take it back.

No you fecking take it.

You touched it last.

I just laughed out load in the middle of webex call when I read this, the manager now thinks I was laughing at him. I guess there goes my extension. But heck it's the funniest thing I've seen on this board in a while!!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Ah yes, and we know that they look after the interests of the consumer, don't we?

I doubt that "all sides" have been calling for a weaker sterling - small businesses and net importers will be on the opposite side of the argument.
            There has to be a balance somewhere. If we have an almighty strong currency then everything we buy is dirt cheap but we export zero.

Or vice versa.

If you are talking purely in self interest then costs may rise dependent upon what you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Surely if any of the predictions of economic benefits of leaving turn out to be remotely true The Pound will go back up and any benefit lost.
              Fair point. It will settle at some point.

Comment

The independent article is a load of cock.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

27 minutes until noon and we've hit 1.19886

Dooooooooooom
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Yup.

If UK was full of exporters then sterling would be strong because lots of great exports - just like DM was for Germany.

Comment

Fair point. It will settle at some point.
                      Yes I'm sure. Like a brick in the ocean.

Comment

Working...
                      X