• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boris Johnson says he is worried by the confusion in the media....."

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Fair point. It will settle at some point.
    Yes I'm sure. Like a brick in the ocean.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Surely if any of the predictions of economic benefits of leaving turn out to be remotely true The Pound will go back up and any benefit lost.
    Yup.

If UK was full of exporters then sterling would be strong because lots of great exports - just like DM was for Germany.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    27 minutes until noon and we've hit 1.19886

Dooooooooooom

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    The independent article is a load of cock.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Surely if any of the predictions of economic benefits of leaving turn out to be remotely true The Pound will go back up and any benefit lost.
    Fair point. It will settle at some point.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Ah yes, and we know that they look after the interests of the consumer, don't we?

I doubt that "all sides" have been calling for a weaker sterling - small businesses and net importers will be on the opposite side of the argument.
    There has to be a balance somewhere. If we have an almighty strong currency then everything we buy is dirt cheap but we export zero.

Or vice versa.

If you are talking purely in self interest then costs may rise dependent upon what you buy.

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Take back control.

No you take it back.

No you fecking take it.

You touched it last.

I just laughed out load in the middle of webex call when I read this, the manager now thinks I was laughing at him. I guess there goes my extension. But heck it's the funniest thing I've seen on this board in a while!!

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    All sides of politics and business have been calling for a weaker Sterling as it increases investment and manufacturing jobs growth.
    Ah yes, and we know that they look after the interests of the consumer, don't we?

I doubt that "all sides" have been calling for a weaker sterling - small businesses and net importers will be on the opposite side of the argument.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    All sides of politics and business have been calling for a weaker Sterling as it increases investment and manufacturing jobs growth.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    as it increases investment and manufacturing jobs growth.

We don't have a working government at the minute. Who in there right mind is going to invest in the UK in the coming months? I don't know what you're smoking but put me down for a few packs.

Companies plan Brexit hiring freeze

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Boris Johnson also says there's been "confusion" over the weekend "about the status of people living in this country".

He says those people "have their rights protected" as do those British people working abroad.

All the Leave side wants to see is an immigration system "that's fair, impartial and humane to all people coming from around the world", he goes on.

Can we have access to the single market without free movement, someone shouts as he leaves.

"Absolutely," Mr Johnson replies.
    I wonder which model this is.... The make it up as we go along model

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Japan and Switzerland are green with envy.....

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Take back control.

No you take it back.

No you fecking take it.

You touched it last.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Something to do with the trade balance. We import more than we export, so in the last four days the cost of our imports has risen by 10%.

Exports will be cheaper but the exporters will keep any profit in their business to hedge against the higher cost of raw materials, while the increase in import costs will be borne by the consumer, i.e. us.
    Fire up the printing presses.....

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Something to do with the trade balance. We import more than we export, so in the last four days the cost of our imports has risen by 10%.

Exports will be cheaper but the exporters will keep any profit in their business to hedge against the higher cost of raw materials, while the increase in import costs will be borne by the consumer, i.e. us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X