• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Taking into account Britain's rebate and Britain's share of funding 150 million a week divided by approx 50 million voters is around 3 pounds a week for each voter.

...hmm might take a while to pay back the mortgage.

The increase in interest rates that we might expect due to a declining pound will probably mean mortgages going up substantially more than 3 pounds a week.
    I believe that the idea is that only voters who adtually voter to exit will get those money - 17.5 mln of them, 8-9 quid a week will be a nice increase on state pension, boomed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Can't happen, EU has laws that stop it currently. Scotland is not big enough to support large banks if it is independent, would not be able to offer bail out in times of crisis.
      That's the good thing - no bailout guarantees should be given to those banks - they are international owned anyway, their respective countries will be bailing them out or not

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Taking into account Britain's rebate and Britain's share of funding 150 million a week divided by approx 50 million voters is around 3 pounds a week for each voter.

...hmm might take a while to pay back the mortgage.

The increase in interest rates that we might expect due to a declining pound will probably mean mortgages going up substantially more than 3 pounds a week.
        They are already talking about a drop to .5% to calm markets

Please don't tell me you work in finance...

Not every voter has a mortgage most of them share joint mortgages...

So if you preclude second houses and buy to let business ventures. most importantly people not born here. (don't forget we no longer have to be politically correct about this)

even if you clear the bottom 40 - 60% of the mortgages by value thats enough to make a point that the other EU member states take notice of...

The reason for leaving the EU was it became a protection racket. If we were stood in the pub and you liked the watch on my wrist we could come to an agreement and I could sell it to you and you in turn could buy it. No one in the middle just some business. Now stretch that across a border.
        Why do I need a third party to decide if I can sell it or if you are allowed to own it???

Globalisation has overtaken the EU and its going to die because the world is about a race to the bottom not protecting some french farmer from the fact he's no longer financially viable.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Stop coming out with the history tulip as they don't care.
          Its not what we did for them. Its what we can achieve when we push ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Its not what we did for them. Its what we can achieve when we push ourselves.
            Both times there was help from other countries including in Europe.

Reminds me of a member of my family claiming she did everything on her own until I pointed out the help she got from various relations...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Both times there was help from other countries including in Europe.

Reminds me of a member of my family claiming she did everything on her own until I pointed out the help she got from various relations...
              And if Britain had said good point Germany, not our problem crack on... How much more of that "help" would have died and still lost Europe?

Like it or not we have been a pain in the arse to the rest of the world for a very long time.

We pulled the pin on this because we can see a reason for it.

Comment

And if Britain had said good point Germany, not our problem crack on... How much more of that "help" would have died and still lost Europe?

Like it or not we have been a pain in the arse to the rest of the world for a very long time.

We pulled the pin on this because we can see a reason for it.
                The people who pulled the pin on it were those who are in the run down areas of the UK who get SFA from the current political system in the UK. They have to get funding from the EU to get the money the UK government should be spending directly on them. Now they will get SFA from everyone unless they get a clever local politician who can con the UK government in doing what it is suppose to do.

Comment

The people who pulled the pin on it were those who are in the run down areas of the UK who get SFA from the current political system in the UK. They have to get funding from the EU to get the money the UK government should be spending directly on them. Now they will get SFA from everyone unless they get a clever local politician who can con the UK government in doing what it is suppose to do.
                  Not just them. Many of the people around here live a very comfortable life and still had leave posters in their fields

I full grant you that this would never have happened without the courageous stance of the poor that really took this to the line.

But now we need to repay them and help make their lives better than the last ten years.

Comment

Not just them. Many of the people around here live a very comfortable life and still had leave posters in their fields

I full grant you that this would never have happened without the courageous stance of the poor that really took this to the line.

But now we need to repay them and help make their lives better than the last ten years.
                    I was interested in why and how Ken Livingston brought the Olympics to London.

And what these people want they won't get in the current system.

Personally if I get p*ssed off with the UK I will pack up and go. Have done it before.

Comment

Personally if I get p*ssed off with the UK I will pack up and go. Have done it before.

Comment

Working...
                      X