• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First brexit bankruptcies and redundancies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Unlikely - I reckon EU would agree to issue permanent residence to Britons being there long term at time of referendum in exchange for the same in Britain
    Did you sell your dollars in the end ?

Comment

Jezzy

Jeremy Corbyn faces resignation battle as early as MONDAY after referendum failure | Daily Star

Daily Star Online understands senior Labour figures feel there are now questions over whether or not the Corbyn is fit to lead.

After a shadow cabinet meeting this morning, there are reports the left-wing leader could face a vote of no confidence today which would be debated on Monday.
      Crud now we could be run by liebour if the tories don't field a decent candidate.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

CEOs Reassess U.K. Investment After ‘Lose-Lose’ Brexit Vote - Bloomberg

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Crud now we could be run by liebour if the tories don't field a decent candidate.
          But only if liebour can field a decent candidate, which hardly seems likely unless they put Frank Field or Gisela Stewart up for leader.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I read on another forum someone who runs an engineering business saying that his company had a £1m order waiting on the referendum result. The client had been completely honest: Remain and the facility gets built in Britain; Leave and it's Poland. That's not just his business but other suppliers from the area and the long term jobs created by the investment.
            OK I'll bite.

1) Linky or it didn't happen (not too fussed if it actually did though).
            2) Sounds like a fantastic UK Company! Really good ethics, we'll trade with you (UK company) but only if [something outside of your control happens] - If not, we'll pursue cheap labour elsewhere. It's not Dyson is it?
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              So the Poles who aren't embedded in the UK* will leave.

I guess Brexiters have got what they wanted.

*Those without British partners.
              For years people's concerns on immigration have been ignored. Often they have been accused of racism(sometimes fairly, sometimes not).

Its a small island. If it was decided that there would be a program of building housing and infrastructure to cope with the influx then people may feel differently.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                OK I'll bite.

1) Linky or it didn't happen (not too fussed if it actually did though).
                2) Sounds like a fantastic UK Company! Really good ethics, we'll trade with you (UK company) but only if [something outside of your control happens] - If not, we'll pursue cheap labour elsewhere. It's not Dyson is it?
                He was on the radio earlier. Was only £250k. And now subject to a September Board meeting.

Comment

Every time a job is lost between now and the "separation" there will be a wail that it is all the fault of BREXIT.

Every time a job is created nothing will be mentioned.

It's just the way the media works. They love a good drama.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    Did you sell your dollars in the end ?
                    Nope! Still holding onto them - might keep for a few months as GBP did not fall that much YET

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      But only if liebour can field a decent candidate, which hardly seems likely unless they put Frank Field or Gisela Stewart up for leader.

Alan Johnson was always too New Labour for my tastes, but he's not a bad politician.

Comment

Working...
                      X