• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE Sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My pension down 10.75%
    It will recover in time. You've got nearly 10 years until you are old enough to retire.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It will recover in time. You've got nearly 10 years until you are old enough to retire.
      **** you, I am not that old, I just look it
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Ftse currently back over 6000.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          My pension down 10.75%
          Just remember : It's a long term plan. Knee-jerk reactions lock in losses.

Comment

Bounced off 5788, now on way up to 6000, before heading down later.

So looks like I was right to bin all of my shares yesterday and lock in a 3k profit, as if I'd stayed in I'd be nursing about an 8k loss.

UU and SSE stable, as you would expect, about a 6% drop in line with FTSE. The banks and insurers though 15%+
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ftse is higher than it was 2 weeks ago.

Stop whining.

Comment

A quick check on the Beeb and the FTSE is down 5% ( at 9:00am )

Interestingly the DAX is down 7.2% and the Cac 40 8.79%.

So from a pure markets view-point they are viewing the impact on Germany & France as more severe than that of the UK.

My own view of markets though is that they have the insight and temperament of 14 year-old girl who's just been dumped by her first boyfriend on the day One-Direction broke up.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  My own view of markets though is that they have the insight and temperament of 14 year-old girl who's just been dumped by her first boyfriend on the day One-Direction broke up.
                  Exactly this.

Goldman Sachs, Barclays, HSBC downplay Brexit threat | Reuters

I hope the bwankers lost trillions. Fooking dirty spekulant chunts!

Comment

I'd like to change my mind and say the FTSE will finish on 6300 please.

(#makesnosense)
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Dead cat bounce lulling everyone into a false sense of security.

5000 by this time next month.

4000 if Boris becomes PM.

retest of 5270 by this time next week - edited 4:28
                      Last edited by SantaClaus; 24 June 2016, 15:28.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X