• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

uk power networks are shiite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uk power networks are shiite

Wonderful evening of a flooded garage and then the power knocks out. Alarm going mental running on batteries. 3 holes dug and power still not on .

never knew they could run a whole house on a generator

anyone got a bitcoin miner i can use whilst we have free leccy ????

ah well at least it brought some excitement to my mundane daily schedule

Hope your basement remained dry
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
      Wonderful evening of a flooded garage and then the power knocks out. Alarm going mental running on batteries. 3 holes dug and power still not on .

never knew they could run a whole house on a generator

anyone got a bitcoin miner i can use whilst we have free leccy ????

ah well at least it brought some excitement to my mundane daily schedule
      So you are blaming National Grid for the fact electricity and water don't mix? Do you want me to give you Tesla's number to complain properly? Or you can tweet him directly here
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        So you are blaming National Grid for the fact electricity and water don't mix? Do you want me to give you Tesla's number to complain properly? Or you can tweet him directly here
        The flood is unrelated to the road being cut off .

Had power cut 3 times in 3 weeks.

Comment

I blame the EU. When are the Chinese going to build those nuclear power stations!

Soon it'll be candles and stories of folklore by the fireplace. 1716 here we come.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We had a six by five foot hole dug in our drive a few years ago because a joint in the aluminium cable failed and exploded According to the neighbour the guy that buried it in the early 90's had a JCB and wanted to make sure it didn't get hit with a fork

The chap that had to find the cable only had a spade and it was pissing down. I almost felt sorry for him. To make matters worse we have an under ground stream near the site. He could't figure out why he had a swimming pool almost as fast as he dug it out. I didn't want to tell him he looked fed up enough already.

Comment

how can i find out about previous power cuts . Is there a database online ?

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                how can i find out about previous power cuts . Is there a database online ?
                Power cuts database offline due to cutbacks.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X