• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£ / €

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just assets, two properties. Just sold one but the cash won't be released until next month
    Oh dear. Gidiot says a Brexit will mean the £££ with be worth 0, so that's ALL your money gone!

Comment

Just assets, two properties. Just sold one but the cash won't be released until next month
      So your £20K is just a hedge. Fair dos though, as I presume you'd shift your house money into Euros.

Comment

still might be a winner
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Oh dear. Gidiot says a Brexit will mean the £££ with be worth 0, so that's ALL your money gone!

ARGH.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            So your £20K is just a hedge. Fair dos though, as I presume you'd shift your house money into Euros.
            That or pay off what remains of mortgage on the remaining property. It's all swings and roundabouts.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That or pay off what remains of mortgage on the remaining property and move back to the dear old UK. It's all swings and roundabouts.
              FTFY - we'll get you onside yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                FTFY - we'll get you onside yet.
                My earnings and spending are in euros. We use the sterling for shopping trips and restaurants, nothing meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Are any of you currency experts who are predicting the demise of the £ vs € actually betting on it?
                  I am keeping large sum of USD/EUR to change only after referendum takes place.

If there is a LEAVE vote then I expect to buy a few rows of houses for 5 dollars.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I am keeping large sum of USD/EUR to change only after referendum takes place.

If there is a LEAVE vote then I expect to buy a few rows of houses for 5 dollars.

HTH
                    Sound an awful lot like DIRTY SPEKULATION!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I'd watch GBP/USD or GBP/JPY (Japanese Yen) because if brexit happens the Euro will probably dive as well whereas USD and JPY (and CHF - Swiss Franc) are safe havens so GBP/USD or GBP/JPY GBP/CHF will give a much bigger move.
                      I've got my currency account open and ready to buy a shed load of Euro's when it tanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X