• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The latest Septic massacre in Florida.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I think labelling them "mentally ill" is an insult to the mentally ill. How about "evil little tulips using religion as a pre-text".
    I think labelling them "mentally ill" is exactly what the NRA want us to label them because in that case there can't be anything wrong with guns. After all, folks, it's people who kill people, not guns.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    The Torah, Old Testament and Koran are not peaceful books, so yes, you're right.
    Picking the one I know well. The Old Testament is certainly not peaceful but then it was concocted by the remains of the Roman Empire at council of Nicaea to use as a tool of control for the state once they realised that Christianity was out the bag. But if you take the 10 commandments they were sound advice.

The first five basically say Listen to me as the single source of truth. Then the Last five cover the obvious stuff like: Honour your elders and no killing, stealing, Lies or envy (bonus of leave your neighbours wife alone) actually if more people managed to keep to the last five we would have no problems.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I think labelling them "mentally ill" is an insult to the mentally ill. How about "evil little tulips using religion as a pre-text".
    We have consensus.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Or just like the decades of sectarianism I grew up with in Glasgow. A bunch of mentally ill nutters using religion for their actions.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Media attention? Are you braindead or a Muslim apologist?

It's about bringing these vile creatures to justice.
    What's wrong with being a Muslim apologist?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    2016-06-13 Multiple Suspects On The Loose In Orlando - Why The Media Blackout Of Eyewitness Accounts?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    200 mln guns legally owned in USA.

Do you think they would give them up just because some crazy nutter with a gun kills unarmed people??? No, they would buy more guns instead, including those who were pacificists.

The reason that nutters killed 50 people is because it was "gun free" zone, otherwise he would not get past a few - it would have been enough for 10% there to have their hands guns, he would not have killed more than a few.
    I think you may be onto something here AtW. I have noticed of late that in this country we have taken to positioning defibrillators in prominent public areas. Maybe if we simply removed all those pointless items of hardware and replaced them with Glocks we could all feel much safer as we go about our business?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I think you have a comprehension problem.

The families of the Sikh and Hindu teenagers are ashamed of it happening to their girls so instead of bringing it to public attention that they are also being preyed on and how it is done, they keep silent and often send the child abroad.

You do realise that lots of stories of abuse only hit the news because people contact journalists? The Rotherham case only got uncovered because Jayne Senior, a youth worker, went to The Times.
    The Rochdale cases are very close to me. Feel free to try and patronise me all you like but I know what went on.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Yes but it should also be about reclaiming religion for the peaceful folk who want/need to follow something spiritual to fill their life.

Violence is just that. It has nothing to do with following a peaceful book or path to enlightenment its savagery pure and simple. This was not the act of a Muslim anymore than the crusades were acts of Christianity.
    The Torah, Old Testament and Koran are not peaceful books, so yes, you're right.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Anybody see the Owen Jones flounce ? Sorry if it's been discussed already, I ain't read the whole thread. The lad is not having a good time lately. Had is butt completely torched by Dimbleby on QT a fortnight ago. Now chucking teddy in the corner when he wasn't allowed a complete monopoly on the Orlando analysis.

Personally I am disappointed to see how quickly some people have made a blatant political football out of Orlando. 50 people have died on horrible circumstances. Maybe express a bit of sympathy for them and their families before gleefully grabbing the ammunition you think it gives your cause?
    Last edited by unixman; 13 June 2016, 15:36. Reason: Death count changed from 20 to 50

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Nothing wrong with the religion though, nice peace loving compassionate religion.
    What you are talking about has more to do with the vile bastards that subvert the meaning of otherwise good or peaceful texts. If you take the underlying morals of any of the religious texts in their earliest form they are a way to live in peace and harmony. But ideas can be corrupted so easily for evil and there are far too many people looking for an excuse to cause damage and inflict pain. If religion is to survive as a force for good, then it needs to be wrestled from the control of those that use it to do bad things. Just like weapons of mass destruction or saving a people from a dictatorship. using a book to say I'm right he's wrong should not be tolerated in any form...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X