• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    But you can't just blame the drink
    That wasn't my intention although its certainly a factor. Its the little Englander mentality thowing its weight in the face of the world. I heard that guy you was talking about as well. He perfectly summed it up to be fair.

Comment

But you can't just blame the drink. I've been on rugby trips to Edinburgh. Its packed with Welsh. I've drunk so much there that I thought I was going to kill myself.... Never seen any trouble at all.

The locals hate the welsh fans, not many complaints with the other nationalities. Mind you Edinburgh is about 80% English students.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        Aw bless.... You are a bit of a sucker aren't you...

And the English "fans" throwing bottles at the police where protecting who ?
        150 Russians 'behind' Euro 2016 violence - BBC News
        Some 150 Russians were behind much of the violence that erupted in Marseille when Russia played England in Euro 2016, French prosecutors have said

Comment

My bro tells me they had gum shield and collapsible truncheons - prolly all SPETZNAZ getting some practice in for WC 2018.

I think this is a set up for taking the WC off Russia as a poke in the eye for Uncle Vova and to get Blatter bumped off by the FSB....

Comment

How does that affect my question ?

Did the Russians cause England fans to throw bottles and have stand up fights with Police ?

I am not doubting anything Russia may have done. But it doesn't for a second remove the real examples of England fanse doing wrong as well.
            Last edited by dx4100; 13 June 2016, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              The valley bhoys are known for their peace loving nature, I'm sure that will never happen
              To be honest, the valleys are mainly rugby-oriented rather than football which, as I've pointed out, makes a different.

How many valley boys do you know MM? Apart from me
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Are you sure you ever watched a Rugby match?

Football is a game for chavs. Chavs behave like tulip.

Rugby is not a game for chavs.

Cannot explain it better

It is all about Private school manners Vs Government school chavs.
                Different in wales. In England its a posh game, in wales its a game for the common folk.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Good to see the England haters have bothered to read the news before mouthing off. No doubt the children being attacked by the Russian 'supporters' were drunk too.

You can read can't you?
                  I have no doubt the Russians started it all. I also have no doubt that the vast majority of English supporters are decent people.

BUT other countries know that if they start something there are 'some' English fans who will kick off back.

Regardless of whos right or wrong would you take kids out into the middle of Marseille where there are Russian nutters and drunken English fans??

Comment

To be honest, the valleys are mainly rugby-oriented rather than football which, as I've pointed out, makes a different.

How many valley boys do you know MM? Apart from me
                    I knew some at university, including a couple from Neath, both as mad as hatters.

I understood they were places, in the valleys, where the fighting pub crawl was the only weekend entertainment?
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      The locals hate the welsh fans, not many complaints with the other nationalities. Mind you Edinburgh is about 80% English students.
                      I heard that too to be honest but isnt that more to do with the fact that the place is "taken over" for the weekend. To be fair, I've never experienced anything other than a great welcome any time I've ever gone to away rugby games. Scotland, Ireland and, dare I say it, England.

Comment

Working...
                      X