• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Well done.

We were watching out for the continual soap opera that is our government and opposition...
    LOL

Nice try...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      That's more enthusiasm than both teams showed during the match. The french only woke up when they went 1-0 down.

Though as with the World Cup, the finals are usually more memorable for individual incidents than the goals, and no change here with Ronaldo doing a Gazza with the waterworks when he knew his game had ended.

Long way to go before they outdo the Zidane headbutt at the 2006 World Cup final, 10 years ago!
      Highlight of the game for me, certainly. Someone should have taken him to one side and told him UEFA rules have changed, and you only get a winners medal if you're still on the pitch at the end of the game. Not true, obviously, but would have been f@cking hilarious...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Highlight of the game for me, certainly. Someone should have taken him to one side and told him UEFA rules have changed, and you only get a winners medal if you're still on the pitch at the end of the game. Not true, obviously, but would have been f@cking hilarious...

To be fair it took two attempts to get him off, risking a potentially worse injury than a deadleg (or whatever technical term covers his actual injury) by attempting to play on.

At least he started the game and didn't change into his kit for the trophy collection, John Terry style.

Though admittedly, at the time I did wonder if the french player that cropped him winked to the bench after. That would have been both hilarious and karma.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          ...and the winner is PORTUGAL. YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Congrats to Portugal. Try not to be too smug Bee, but we can understand if you are. It's nothing compared to how smug we would be if we were ever in the same situation. Sadly I can't see that happening in any century, let alone this one.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
          X