• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No single market access for UK after Brexit...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So you think UK will suddenly switch from BMW, VW, Audi, Skoda, Porsche et al to buying Rovers?
    If German cars become 30% more expensive I suspect many will switch to UK produced ones.

With Jaguar, LandRover, Nissan & BM they have a choice. Maybe German manufacturers will start producing cars in the UK?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Unless I've missed some nuance, he's stating the bleeding obvious. Indeed, it's essentially Vote Leave policy that we'd not Bremain within the single market (but still have fettered access), otherwise we'd need to abide by free movement. Of course, it's perfectly legitimate for Vote Leave to spin this ("we're a big economy, we might get a special deal" etc.), in the same way that Bremain spin the minor changes to in-work benefits as being relevant to immigration, but I think every sensible person on the Leave side understands that "full" access to the single market is not an option.

Non-story.
      That attitude is totally at odds with the CUK method of finding a point of view, entrenching your position and try to defeat any challenge of any sort whether it has merit or not
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        That attitude is totally at odds with the CUK method of finding a point of view, entrenching your position and try to defeat any challenge of any sort whether it has merit or not
        I'm still a relative n00b. I'll get better with the teachings of sensei AtW...

Comment

You are pretty good at writing and arguing points. Dont worry you will soon resort to insults, generalisations, smears and cliches.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

i think he is lunching with george Osborne today

Comment

i think he is lunching with george Osborne today
              Agenda

1. Squirrel sanctuaries
              2. AOB

Comment

Agenda

1. Squirrel sanctuaries
                2. AOB
                3. Brexit

Comment

3. Bremain
                  FTFY

AtW is missing the motherland.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why not? The UK is a huge car market and the 5th biggest economy in the world.
                    80% of new car sales to private individuals is leasing - this is only possible with cheap debt leveraged against house pricing that only go up.

In the event of Brexit this country will be a lot poorer and won't be able to afford to buy new cars as much as it does not, that's probably the only reason Germans actually bother.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      If German cars become 30% more expensive I suspect many will switch to UK produced ones.

With Jaguar, LandRover, Nissan & BM they have a choice. Maybe German manufacturers will start producing cars in the UK?
                      Most people in UK already can't afford to buy a new car, they are not even taking loan to buy and own it, they are renting it now on personal finance.

Comment

Working...
                      X