• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any thoughts on where to sell a camera?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a street shooter and occasional landscape. For that a fixed lens is perfect. I have a DLSR but never pick it up when I'm leaving the door, too much weight to be casual. Too much gear. Not only that but a DLSR is certainly the wrong gear for street shooting. People are intimidated when pointing the lens at them. Only if it's a dedicated trip. Wildlife photography you're likely to need a telephoto lens.

A couple of shots I took hanging out of the back of a train in Peru (what a business expense that was I tell you).

Last edited by scooterscot; 7 June 2016, 09:18.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ah well, the camera is now gone. I may have accidentally traded it in for another lens.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Ah well, the camera is now gone. I may have accidentally traded it in for another lens.
        Where did you sell it? I've got some 2nd hand Bose headphones I want to get rid of. There's a nasty waxy residue around the speakers so I'm keen to shift them.

Comment

Not a shot you'll be taking with the dlsr

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That saves the potential awkward "there's some bloke on a forum selling his camera and I think I need another DSLR" conversation I was considering having with my wife

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Not a shot you'll be taking with the dlsr

very true, because I've sold it now.

Last time I took a dSLR onto the slopes was in Utah several years ago. Normally I just use a compact for that. It's about having the right tool for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                That saves the potential awkward "there's some bloke on a forum selling his camera and I think I need another DSLR" conversation I was considering having with my wife
                Just as well, the "meet" would have been down some dark, muddy, track, deep in the country side favoured by WTFH.

Close call, you might not have made it back
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Just as well, the "meet" would have been down some dark, muddy, track, deep in the country side favoured by WTFH.

The tracks are very dry and sandy at the minute. It's taking most visitors longer than usual to dig the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

The tracks are very dry and sandy at the minute. It's taking most visitors longer than usual to dig the hole.
                    where is this new dogging site?

Comment

It's about having the right tool for the job.
                      I used to think that. I now firmly believe the best tool is the one in your hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X