• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning to vote Stay? On the fence? Read this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    My concern is the average Briton just isn't bright enough to make this decision.
    Democracy is a huge problem.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      But then again neither did attempting to bring Europe under a single ruler...

As an Average White Englishman born in London. It seemed absolutely destructive that we would seek to affect policy for places like Cornwall, Wales and Scotland from an insular hub that is so inward and pervasive no one really needs to leave the confines of the M25 let alone get past Reading or Birmingham.

The EU is ten thousand times that problem and more.

I agree that we need a way to stop Europe turning back into a hot bed of violence but I feel that dragging 28 countries into a massive dictatorship and taxing them in a protection racket is a bad way to promote stability.
      Like it or not, you are bound highly with EU, and dismantling it will be freaking costly for all of us. The problem is brexiters have no idea. If 10% unemployment is what you want, fine.
      If your economy couldn't consume the immigrants then they would have not come here in the first place. Your economy needs them

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Like it or not, you are bound highly with EU, and dismantling it will be freaking costly for all of us.
        That is one of the few arguments in favour of remain. Though, IMO, sovereignty is worth any cost.

If we were voting now to join the EU from outside, very few would be in favour.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          2016-06-01 There is no safety inside the arrogant, imperial, and dangerously unstable EU

Well worth a read, and the article is not simply generalised woe (as the above extract might suggest).

It does refer to tangible changes likely to occur, or at least possible, if the UK stays in the EU.
          All the fearmongering in that article are things that would effect us anyway even outside the EU, and trading less with the EU and more elsewhere is something we could do anyway and remain in the EU if that's what we wanted. In reality we all know the EU is dull and nothing anywhere as interesting as those fantasy stories are likely to happen.

Not very convincing.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            That is one of the few arguments in favour of remain. Though, IMO, sovereignty is worth any cost.

History teaches, it's not.
            I'm proud of EU that we all downed russian economy. Together we are safer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Unfortunately there isn't a "time travel" option on the ballot paper.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Unfortunately there isn't a "time travel" option on the ballot paper.
                I've already submitted my vote.

Comment

Its quite interesting to see that the media 'campaigning' for a Brexit, the Daily Mail/Telegraph/Express, the Sun, the Star, etc. are not only right wing but are all owned by companies or people who are based abroad, tax exiles, offshore tax based and so on which are all things that the EU are trying to stop. Makes you wonder if they have an agenda?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Dutch-PM-vows-retaliation-against-Britain-Brexit-vote-produces-tough-new-rules-immigrant-workers-warns-bad-news-sides.html

Originally posted by Chris Morris, The Day Today
                    Absolutely bang! That's The Day Today bringing you another tear on the face of the World's mother! Alan, Sport!
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                      If 10% unemployment is what you want, fine.
                      You sound exactly like this twunt, whinging on about job losses here, worse off there. Get a grip!

Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                      X