• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never ending support after contract finished!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Then there is Bing....
    I said good old times

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Gotta always love IT people that refuse to use Google
      Not refusing, just making efficient use of time available (I am supposed to be doing some work for the client ).

So rather than trawl through the google results, I appreciate people doing the pre-filtering as WTFH has done further up.

One day someone will index the internet properly so there is a defacto set of links in best, 2nd best,.., order on any given subject, and not ordered by the motivations of the search engine (to sell ads or drive traffic to their preferred choices). Not sure how the order would be decided, maybe public vote where one person has one vote on such matters.
      Last edited by Hobosapien; 3 June 2016, 12:49. Reason: silent H?
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Not refusing, just making efficient use of time available (I am supposed to be doing some work for the client ).

So rather than trawl through the google results, I appreciate people doing the pre-filtering as WTFH has done further up.

One day someone will index the internet properly so there is a defacto set of links in best, 2nd best,.., order on any given subject, and not ordered by the motivations of the search engine (to sell ads or drive traffic to their preferred choices). Not sure how the order would be decided, maybe public vote where one person has one vote on such matters.
        Which is fine if someone does it for you, or you are so good you know all the answers.

Always amuses me when someone says they do not know something, which then takes 10 seconds to find
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Always amuses me when someone says they do not know something, which then takes 10 seconds to find
          Or it can't be found as it's not on the first page of results so therefore doesn't exist.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Or it can't be found as it's not on the first page of results so therefore doesn't exist.
            Sounds like your descriptive search terms are poor
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Not to mention the curiously named hotbot.

AskJeeves naughty sister with the hot bot.

Not to be confused with 'goatse'. DO NOT GOOGLE IT IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NSFW.

Though to bring this back on topic, that may be a good image to send to any pests expecting free consultancy. That or a rickroll.

Comment

Sounds like your descriptive search terms are poor
                Nope, just like it's a fact that the world is indeed flat, there is only ever one page of search results. Whole search engine optimisation industry built because of that fact.

Comment

Nope, just like it's a fact that the world is indeed flat, there is only ever one page of search results. Whole search engine optimisation industry built because of that fact.
                  Well of course, that why I mentioned search terms, i.e. amending or enhancing the original brings different search results.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                  X