• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiters prepare lube

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Thank the Lord!

I've got nearly £1m (leveraged) on a massive Pound short position. Was starting to sheet myself....

Private island here I come!

I do hope that you have hedged it properly or else you are stuffed if it goes the other way.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Meh. Fine by me, I mainly export. The Pound will find an appropriate level. Bear in mind, Cable is down 15% from the July 2014 high anyway, and 30% down from the pre-crash peak. Even if there's a Bremain, the Pound is likely to decline in the medium-term, following an initial spike up. Currencies move. Nothing to see here, unless you're "economically illiterate"

That's why I probably wouldn't short after brexit. Buy the rumour, sell the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Natural haunt of the native Brexiter.
        I have the impression this is intended as an insult, but I quite like Wetherspoons.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          That's why I probably wouldn't short after brexit. Buy the rumour, sell the fact.
          Yep, if I were to guess, I'd expect a bounce, but it may not be particularly large or long-lived (unlike a Brexit, which would result in a profound and sustained decline). It depends on the margin of victory. A close Bremain will raise questions about the sustainability of the current Gov't.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I do hope that you have hedged it properly or else you are stuffed if it goes the other way.
            I might have exaggerated somewhat, I actually have a £10 bet at the local bookies.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              I have the impression this is intended as an insult, but I quite like Wetherspoons.
              To be fair it depends on the pub. The one that always got me was the one outside Leeds station. Used to walk past it on the way to an ex-client. 8:00 am every morning and always the same faces stood outside with a pint of lager in one hand and a fag in the other.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I might have exaggerated somewhat, I actually have a £10 bet at the local bookies.
                Leveraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I just need to get the timing right for my next booze run to Sainsbury's, Newry.
                  Supposed that might just validate a trip to Newry. Can't think of any other reasons for going there.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Leveraged.
                    Yep, I put down £1 and borrowed the other £9 from AtW. The dirty money lender.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      To be fair it depends on the pub. The one that always got me was the one outside Leeds station. Used to walk past it on the way to an ex-client. 8:00 am every morning and always the same faces stood outside with a pint of lager in one hand and a fag in the other.
                      'Spoons can have some jolly interesting clientele, but generally I rather like them and you know that you can get a pint of cask ale. In fact the last one I visited had pints of cask at £1.65.

Comment

Working...
                      X