• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So I was speaking to an Italian recruitment agent yesterday.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Our loss.
    Everyone's loss.

The European leadership should have recognised the different view of the EU held by the British public and cut the PM some slack when he tried to renegotiate.

Comment

Firstly the bureaucrats are not unelected. You had a hand in putting them there when your voted Tory. Each country is represented by member their government selects.

Secondly, the UK has never had to give up any sovereignty being part if the EU. It continues to be in control of it's own borders (although it does a piss poor job of it and blames everyone else). We're the only member the dots every 'i' and crosses every 't'. We really need to lighten up.
      I never voted for the EU. I never voted for Juncker(& his successors) or Merkel yet both have a significant impact on my life & they want more.

I think proposing we shouldn't follow the rules because no one else does in the EU is hardly a reason to stay in such a venal organisation.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Have you got me on ignore? Do you read my posts?
        I read yours, I'm just waiting for scooterboy to say something sensible on this.

Comment

You'll find out on your next holiday to France upon Brexit.
          that all you got?

Are the french going to barricade the road and burn my teddy bear because I don't want a super state?

Comment

Interesting that Italy's biggest problem is their currency. They should focus on reintroducing the Lira, rather than telling other countries what to do.

Comment

Firstly the bureaucrats are not unelected. You had a hand in putting them there when your voted Tory. Each country is represented by member their government selects.

Secondly, the UK has never had to give up any sovereignty being part if the EU. It continues to be in control of it's own borders (although it does a piss poor job of it and blames everyone else). We're the only member the dots every 'i' and crosses every 't'. We really need to lighten up.
              They are as good as unelected. They are voted for by national governments who are full of people with one eye on their own futures. The people we vote for are EU parliament people who have virtually no power to shape policy or legislation.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                They are as good as unelected. They are voted for by national governments who are full of people with one eye on their own futures. The people we vote for are EU parliament people who have virtually no power to shape policy or legislation.
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alle...he_long_spoons
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I never voted for the EU. I never voted for Juncker(& his successors) or Merkel yet both have a significant impact on my life & they want more.
                  Yes you did. Successive British governments (Voted in by you) has courted EU policy one after the other. Our media just chose to ignore it.

Britain joined the European Economic Community on 1 January 1973, along with Denmark and Ireland. This later became the European Union. The support of the Conservative Party, under Leader of the Opposition Margaret Thatcher, was essential to the passage of the Government's European business in the House of Commons.
                  The government distributed pamphlets to every household in Britain written by the official Yes and No campaigns, together with its own pamphlet which argued in support of EEC membership.[11] According to this pamphlet, "the most important (issues in the renegotiation) were FOOD and MONEY and JOBS".
                  Food, money, & jobs. Something the EU continues to develop today for the benefit of all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ferendum,_1975
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Interesting that Italy's biggest problem is their currency. They should focus on reintroducing the Lira, rather than telling other countries what to do.
                    Gold reserves in Tonnes

4 Italy 2,451.8
                    17 United Kingdom 310.3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Gold reserves in Tonnes

4 Italy 2,451.8
                      17 United Kingdom 310.3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve
                      Gordon Brown, the economic genius, on an already low gold price, announced to the World his intention to sell pretty much all our gold, waited for the price to drop even further on the news, then sold at the bottom, for pretty much nothing.

He should be hanging from a lampost for that alone (never mind the pension raids etc).

Comment

Working...
                      X