• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exit poll indicates likely landslide for Remain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted mine off today. Based on my exit poll, the UK will soon be joining my adopted home of Switzerland outside the evil empire.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Obviously keen to convince us....
      No - just winding up the brexiters.

Since I'm a permanent resident of Switzerland, and next year won't have any say in the UK electorally, it makes no difference to me personally whether Britain stays or leaves. I think that it will harm Britain to leave, and so I've voted accordingly.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
        Will never trust a poll again after 2015 election but for S&G ..

Stay % Leave % Undecided % Date Pollster Sample
        41 41 17 May 24, 2016 YouGov 1,500
        44 38 18 May 24, 2016 Survation 1,013
        45 45 10 May 22, 2016 ICM 2,003
        58 38 4 May 22, 2016 ORB 800
        44 40 16 May 19, 2016 Opinium 2,008
        52 41 7 May 19, 2016 ComRes 1,000
        44 40 12 May 17, 2016 YouGov 1,648
        48 35 14 May 16, 2016 Ipsos MORI 1,002
        51 45 4 May 15, 2016 ORB 800
        43 47 10 May 15, 2016 ICM 2,048
        I understand that the pollsters have modified their methods since the General Election. The bookies look to have Remain as firm favourites. What I don't get is that online comments from many sources would indicate Brexit. I appreciate this is most unscientific, but even comment sections on things like The Guardian look to favour it. Any BBC comments section is totally one sided. Perhaps Brexit pays for more trolls. Perhaps people are coy about saying they'll vote out - who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          I understand that the pollsters have modified their methods since the General Election. The bookies look to have Remain as firm favourites. What I don't get is that online comments from many sources would indicate Brexit. I appreciate this is most unscientific, but even comment on things like The Guardian look to favour it. Any BBC comments section is totally one sided. Perhaps Brexit pays for more trolls. Perhaps people are coy about saying they'll vote out - who knows?
          Apparently everyone under 30 will BREMAIN (yeah right)!
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Only cos the bbc told them to

Comment

Follies of youth. Still I guess they'll 'wise up' in time.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Follies of youth. Still I guess they'll 'wise up' in time.
                I think it's bollocks though.

If BREXIT = lower house prices, loads will vote out!
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The only reason house prices would go lower is actually due to a fall in the strength of the pound.

For use using sterling we will not see a drop in the price of houses however the drop against the other currencies will mean that house prices will be dropping for people not using sterling but looking to buy in the UK.

So effectively you know al the rich foreigners who apparently own most of central london - they may loose out because of a brexit.....unsurprisingly these are the people telling us a brexit would be bad..

however I do not think many of us give a fook about that

Comment

Would agree, but does anyone in their twenties think about buy a house these days? If you said thirty-something I would say you're on to something. I did laugh when Osborne said house prices would drop.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      My wife and I voted by post yesterday.
                      Your wife just told me she voted exit. So its a 50/50 split.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      No - just winding up the brexiters.

Since I'm a permanent resident of Switzerland, and next year won't have any say in the UK electorally, it makes no difference to me personally whether Britain stays or leaves. I think that it will harm Britain to leave, and so I've voted accordingly.
                      Moving to Switzerland has messed up your thinking process. You are not a resident of the UK so have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X