• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent article by Liam Fox on EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    There's always one. You're more than welcome back you know.
    I didn't care for the company, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      What about the Canada model.

The Greenland model.
      Those notable powerhouses of global trade and influence.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        That was the Americans.
        Most Brits are very much like you.
        And you cant even buy a decent house.
        The point, Mr ASSguru, is that sometimes a bit of faith is required, without the solution known in advance.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          What I want to know is, despite multiple threads, hundreds of posts and general nastiness , and anyone changed their mind in either direction?
          If you mean me, I was just making the point to MM, that the elite in this country, far from achieving anything of note in the last half-century have dismantled the industrial base, created several economic crashes and a housing boom.
          Why on earth he'd want to give the political classes more freedom to fook up even more is beyond me.
          Unless he's swallowed their excuse that it's all the EU's fault - in which case he should travel a bit in Germany and note the many industrial enterprises, the healthy and cheap property market and the general level of prosperity from bottom to top and ask himself why that is.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            FFS they are just other models to look at!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Well, to be fair, Canada is a major economy. I'm just waiting for confirmation as to whether Canada's Financial Services will have full access to the single market.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Yes, it shows. The answer is 32^2 which, to save you the effort of working it out, is 1024

and in practice it wouldn't be anything like that number. Don't forget, the EU needs export markets as much as they want imports.

edit: Actually as no EFTA member negotiates a trade deal with themselves, the answer is actually 31^2, which I'll leave as an exercise for VectraMan
                I didn't think that could possibly be even close to being right.

It's 991 surely, i.e. 32 states each have 31 agreements. The point is still valid: that's billions spent on civil servants and years and years of effort. It's hugely more efficient to work together, something the outies never take into account when moaning about the money we "waste" on the EU. Even negotiating one agreement with the rest of the EU won't be simple and won't be free.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

So your argument for leaving is "trust me it will be better, I don't know the details but why not risk everything just on faith"?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Excellent article by Liam Fox on EU

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    If you mean me, I was just making the point to MM, that the elite in this country, far from achieving anything of note in the last half-century have dismantled the industrial base, created several economic crashes and a housing boom.
                    Why on earth he'd want to give the political classes more freedom to fook up even more is beyond me.
                    Unless he's swallowed their excuse that it's all the EU's fault - in which case he should travel a bit in Germany and note the many industrial enterprises, the healthy and cheap property market and the general level of prosperity from bottom to top and ask himself why that is.
                    Because Germany, as a founding member, has sucked the marrow out of every new country that has joined.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      I didn't think that could possibly be even close to being right.

It's 991 surely, i.e. 32 states each have 31 agreements. The point is still valid: that's billions spent on civil servants and years and years of effort. It's hugely more efficient to work together, something the outies never take into account when moaning about the money we "waste" on the EU. Even negotiating one agreement with the rest of the EU won't be simple and won't be free.
                      If Estonia has an agreement with Portugal, is that one or two agreements?

Comment

Working...
                      X