• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

migrants - the missing millions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why would someone boast about how hard they worked for their money? The real trick is not having to work hard for it.
    Because some people value hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Because some people value hard work.
      I value hard work as long it is not me doing it
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

migrants - the missing millions

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I'm only slightly older than you. Early 40s
        You caught the property wave pre 2000.

You're a boomer.

I graduated 2000 straight into full time employment. The folk I worked with - your age - all had houses - and had bought them for fook all. Then the prices went ape tulip.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 11 May 2016, 17:16.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            You caught the property wave pre 2000.

You're a boomer.

I graduated 2000 straight into full time employment. The folk I worked with - your age - all had houses - and had bought them for fook all. Then the prices went ape tulip.

I know people younger than you that have done well on the housing market through their own efforts.
            So where did it all go wrong for you?

Ps the word Boomer is applied to people who were born post war not in the 70s. ffs at least use the term properly, or does it mean anyone who is more successful than you?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I know people younger than you that have done well on the housing market through their own efforts.
              So where did it all go wrong for you?

Ps the word Boomer is applied to people who were born post war not in the 70s. ffs at least use the term properly, or does it mean anyone who is more successful than you?
              In engineering it takes a few years of hard graft to gain credibility.

The folk my age or younger that I know who have done well with property all had BOMAD help. Lashings of it.

Boom & bust, boomer. Seems to fit.

Comment

You see that flat bit of the curve in the 90's?

I filled me boots with property during that time.

HTH BIDI

Comment

In engineering it takes a few years of hard graft to gain credibility.

The folk my age or younger that I know who have done well with property all had BOMAD help. Lashings of it.

Boom & bust, boomer. Seems to fit.
                  I see. Its all someone else's fault.
                  you'll be whinging on your death bed ... I feel sorry for you. Rather than get on and change things all you can do is whinge. Good luck with that.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    You see that flat bit of the curve in the 90's?

I filled me boots with property during that time.

HTH BIDI
                    I know you did, as did many on this forum. I missed the wave, but like my Murphy's, I'm not bitter.

Comment

I know you did, as did many on this forum. I missed the wave, but like my Murphy's, I'm not bitter.
                      No that's why you post about it ad nauseum
                      BItter is your middle name, it's what defines you.
                      You seriously need to get some self knowledge only then will you be able to move on
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X