• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is who Brexiteers say we should trade with ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also , because cutting out from west worked so well for russian. Their currency went from 40 - 80 RUb / dollar. I dont see many rich russians anymore though xD

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You never get sovereignty. Sovereignty will rest with the political class and the power groups they represent. The EU offers more prosperity and a set of restraints on the national political class to stop them withdrawing protections from the populace (workers' rights, environmental protection etc.)
      I think that while times were good some people swallowed the propaganda that the Anglo-Saxon countries (US and Uk) were a bastion of freedom and prosperity. But the blatant way in which the economic and political elite closed ranks post-2007, the mega-wages of corporate executives being paid for non-performance, and the knowledge that being poor is the ultimate expression of NOT being free has resulted in strange phenomena like a Marxist (Sanders) getting loads of support in the US.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        where will demand be coming from ? if Uk ekonomy will suffer say -1% of GDP so will EU as a collateral damage, albeit less. That means you will shrink EU market slightly too.
        Depends on how much sterling falls, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Depends on how much sterling falls, doesn't it?
          That will be determined by how much capital will leave the UK and more importantly how fast. Nobody knows that.

Comment

That will be determined by how much capital will leave the UK and more importantly how fast. Nobody knows that.
            Except sasguru.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              Except sasguru.
              It's not rocket science to figure out that Brexit will cause some negative economic impact.
              Even the more intelligent Brexiteers acknowledge that.
              No one knows how much, it will range from a little to a lot.
              A lot could mean the end of Britain as a top player politically and economically.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                It's not rocket science to figure out that Brexit will cause some negative economic impact.
                Even the more intelligent Brexiteers acknowledge that.
                No one knows how much, it will range from a little to a lot.
                A lot could mean the end of Britain as a top player politically and economically.
                because I've invested in FTSE you can tell i'm betting on remain. Hope i'm not wrong as it will be time to sell, for others too:S

Comment

It seems very stupid to me to sacrifice wealth for sovereignty....
                  It seems to me very stupid and short sighted to think that.

If you sacrifice your sovereignty, your wealth can be, and probably to a great extent will be, pinched at any time.

Originally posted by Samuel Adams
                  If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Brexit won't stop trade.

Comment

Hope i'm not wrong as it will be time to sell
                      sell what

Comment

Working...
                      X