• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is who Brexiteers say we should trade with ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    What difference does your house price make provided you can pay the mortgage (and that's given you have one)? In fact if you planning to do anything other than downsize then cheaper houses is what you should wish for.

Given I'm one of the plebs in the great scheme of things I'd much rather sovereignty over a few extra shillings (or thousands for that matter).
    It does matter because price falls can be dangerous. Do you know that share stock market rises in 5 waves but falls in 2-3 waves? Loses of years of growth in a day are quite common and similar thing might happen to property, shares, currency etc. It's better not to mess up with the market.
    Brexit to what purpose? To tackle immigration? Nope you/it won't.
    That's all i have to say.
    Last edited by diseasex; 11 May 2016, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      It does matter because price falls can be dangerous. Do you know that share stock market rises in 5 waves but falls in 2-3 waves? Loses of years of growth in a day are quite common and similar thing might happen to property, shares, currency etc. It's better not to mess up with the market. That's all i have to say.
      Price falls are a an opportunity for those with liquid assets.
      Brexit would be good for people like me, buying opportunity galore
      Anyone know an efficient finanacial instrument to short sterling?
      Why should hedge funds have all the fun?

https://www.theguardian.com/business...porting-brexit
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Fair enough, "Free*, but poor" should be the Brexit slogan.

*Subject to the non-representative first-past-the-post system whereby a minority rules the majority, unelected House of Lords and the ultimate sanction of the monarchy.
        Technically yes, but good old Queenie wouldn't dare wade in as you and I both know.

Most of the under 40s are poor due to ludicrous housing costs. They'd be better with 2/3rds salary and 50% of house prices. Oh and those figures are plucked out of thin air and complete unrepresentative of what would happen, but you get my drift.

As an aside, the old style House of Lords I didn't mind. By and large (and you'll appreciate this bit) they had a shed load of money chucked at their education, were independently wealthy and, therefore, were less liable to being 'swayed'. It was a suitable check system.

Comment

Price falls are a an opportunity for those with liquid assets.
          Brexit would be good for people like me, buying opportunity galore
          Anyone know an efficient finanacial instrument to short sterling?
          Why should hedge funds have all the fun?

https://www.theguardian.com/business...porting-brexit

If sterling will fall , so you you buying power - inflation of imported goods will raise, and so will BOE rates, cost of international debt etc. That will make your mortgage cost more. That will make your salary go down . That will make some of you lose jobs as investors will be moving to germany. That will decrease domestic demand.
          Should i go on?

Comment

If sterling will fall , so you you buying power - inflation of imported goods will raise, and so will BOE rates. That will make your mortgage cost more. That will make your salary go down . That will make some of you lose jobs as investors will be moving to germany. That will decrease domestic demand.
            Should i go on?
            Please do. I've not quite nodded off yet.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If sterling will fall , so you you buying power - inflation of imported goods will raise, and so will BOE rates. That will make your mortgage cost more. That will make your salary go down . That will make some of you lose jobs as investors will be moving to germany. That will decrease domestic demand.
              Should i go on?
              It would also increase the competitiveness of UK firms, increase demand, profits, requirement of labour. Should I go on?

Comment

Should i go on?
                I don't have a mortgage (all paid), I have clients in Europe who can pay me in Euros/Swiss francs.
                What you're pointing out is how much of a win-win for me personally Brexit would be.
                It's only going to hurt the vulnerable, badly.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

It would also increase the competitiveness of UK firms, increase demand, profits, requirement of labour. Should I go on?
                  where will demand be coming from ? if Uk ekonomy will suffer say -1% of GDP so will EU as a collateral damage, albeit less. That means you will shrink EU market slightly too.
                  Last edited by diseasex; 11 May 2016, 12:34.

Comment

No, a fall in sterling would not increase profits
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

liquid assets.

Comment

Working...
                      X