• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

President of USA backs Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Do you understand betting odds?

I think not.
    Yes. HTH.

Comment

It's just a finger to Hamface for refusing to apologise.

Difficult to dismiss the possibility of President Trump altogether, given Clinton's popularity (the worst approval ratings of any candidate, ever, behind Trump) and the degree to which Trump has defied expectations so far, but it's close to impossible. Trump would need a massive turnaround of his deeply negative ratings among women voters and Hispanics, and there's almost zero chance of that, given the rhetoric up to now. There will be some consolidation as parts of the Republican establishment accept the inevitable, but he's a ~40% candidate, nationally. He'll pick up some votes from Sanders, ironically, but it won't be enough. Barring major incidents (always possible with Clinton's past), she has a free run to the WH. About the most uninspiring race in living memory.

Comment

Where the hell are the right wingers moaning about the bloody Americans interfering in UK politics now? ******* and double
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Difficult to dismiss the possibility of President Trump altogether, given Clinton's popularity (the worst approval ratings of any candidate, ever, behind Trump)
          Source? All the reports I can find show that, although they both have poor approval ratings, Clinton's are consistently substantially higher than Trump's.

Comment

Another good idea from Trump: Donald Trump just threatened to cause an unprecedented global financial crisis - Vox
            "I am the king of debt," he said. "I love debt. I love playing with it."

But he replaced fearmongering about debt with an even more alarming notion — a bankruptcy of the United States federal government that would incinerate the world economy.

"I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal," Trump said. "And if the economy was good, it was good. So therefore, you can't lose."
            Kerching!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Source? All the reports I can find show that, although they both have poor approval ratings, Clinton's are consistently substantially higher than Trump's.
              As I said, she has the worst approval rating of any historical or contemporary presidential candidate (Republican or Democrat), except for Trump.

See here, for example.

Clinton is an utterly flawed Democratic candidate, historically speaking. Fortunately for her, Trump is even worse. If Clinton were up against a moderate Republican, like Kasich, she'd get hammered.

Comment

As I said, she has the worst approval rating of any historical or contemporary presidential candidate (Republican or Democrat), except for Trump.

See here, for example.

Clinton is an utterly flawed Democratic candidate, historically speaking. Fortunately for her, Trump is even worse. If Clinton were up against a moderate Republican, like Kasich, she'd get hammered.
                Ah, my mistake - when you said

(the worst approval ratings of any candidate, ever, behind Trump)
                I took it to mean her approval ratings were worse than Trump's, not that Trump's ratings are the only ones that are worse than hers

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Ah, my mistake - when you said

I took it to mean her approval ratings were worse than Trump's, not that Trump's ratings are the only ones that are worse than hers
                  Gotcha No, it's basically Clinton's to lose, but there's always a slim chance of that with her chequered past and ongoing investigations. Although Trump has been consistently underestimated to date, there's a massive difference between the Republican primary electorate and the general electorate.

Comment

Working...
                  X