• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy-to-let DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crucify landlords and you will see those who want to rent or cannot buy on the streets, or paying higher rent due to a lower volume of rental stock.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      He's a cretin who can't do basic maths.
      [emoji22]
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

But landlords are not being crucified, it's just a move to squeeze the high risk ones. Those who are over leveraged. Those who might risk the stability of the aforementioned house of cards. Longer term landlords will own properties, renters will rent. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
          But landlords are not being crucified, it's just a move to squeeze the high risk ones. Those who are over leveraged. Those who might risk the stability of the aforementioned house of cards. Longer term landlords will own properties, renters will rent. Why not?
          Exactly, a tree shake for the big investors.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Not unless we have BREXIT.
            By what mechanism though? I can only think of one, really, where there's a full-blown Sterling crisis and the Bank is forced to increase the base rate. In practice, I think a cut in rates is more likely. Anyone that is concerned about Sterling probably would've reduced their exposure to UK assets already, and it will be too late following a Brexit, as any correction in Sterling will be swift. On the other hand, if Sterling depreciates significantly, UK property will begin to look cheaper to foreign investors, providing there's a sense of political direction. I know the latter is quite an assumption but, let's face it, Brexit isn't guaranteed to result in any wholesale changes. It's more likely that there would be a period of reflection and planning before we invoke Article 50, despite what Hamface says. During that period, I think we'll be asked to think again (), perhaps with some actual concessions this time.

Comment

Exactly, a tree shake for the big investors.
              Do you think big mauve monkeys won't be falling down during this tree shake up?

Comment

Buy-to-let DOOM

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                By what mechanism though? I can only think of one, really, where there's a full-blown Sterling crisis and the Bank is forced to increase the base rate. In practice, I think a cut in rates is more likely. Anyone that is concerned about Sterling probably would've reduced their exposure to UK assets already, and it will be too late following a Brexit, as any correction in Sterling will be swift. On the other hand, if Sterling depreciates significantly, UK property will begin to look cheaper to foreign investors, providing there's a sense of political direction. I know the latter is quite an assumption but, let's face it, Brexit isn't guaranteed to result in any wholesale changes. It's more likely that there would be a period of reflection and planning before we invoke Article 50, despite what Hamface says. During that period, I think we'll be asked to think again (), perhaps with some actual concessions this time.
                Firstly, I don't see a vote for BREXIT. Second if we get it, I don't think the shock will be all that great. Having said that the instability might wobble Germany (deutsche bank) and the derivative bubble goes pop. The 2008 crisis was deflated by huge bail outs. There is still plenty of toxic debt put their which could throw the system. But I do see it as unlikely (HPC). There are just too any migrants.
                Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 29 April 2016, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Do you think big mauve monkeys won't be falling down during this tree shake up?
                  WTF does that mean?

The BTL tax is a tree shake for the highly leveraged investors to clear off scared, whilst the big boys and corp investors clear up.

Comment

The BTL tax is a tree shake for the highly leveraged investors to clear off scared, whilst the big boys and corp investors clear up.
                    You are a mauve monkey who sits on the same tree. Shake that tree and you'll fall down.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      You are a mauve monkey who sits on the same tree. Shake that tree and you'll fall down.
                      Mate I could pay off my very small mortgage tomorrow if I wanted too. But I get more investing the money than the interest on the mortgage loan.

Comment

Working...
                      X