• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Philip Green must repay £400m or lose knighthood, says MP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What he did was legal.

The law should have been changed after Rover.
    ^ This. Legal but fooking wrong.

Comment

Rover is not the best precedent. Virgin Records is. Branson sold it for a Quid but insisted they change the name to Zavvi. By the time it went bust a year later everyone had forgotten it it was Virgin.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        ^ This. Legal but fooking wrong.
        What, it's wrong to take divis from a profitable company?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

In the way that you are the uber-cretin. A low life leech who adds nothing.

I thought you were off for the night? Can't we have a rest from your monotonous idiocy for one night?
          Argue the point or fook off, you immoral tax evader.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Rover is not the best precedent. Virgin Records is. Branson sold it for a Quid but insisted they change the name to Zavvi. By the time it went bust a year later everyone had forgotten it it was Virgin.
            I remember them going bust. Prime suspect complete DVD for a Pavarotti.

Comment

Argue the point or fook off
              Like you do?

Comment

Like you do?
                You really are a complete imbecile but I forgive you since you've had a hard life
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The sale was obviously a bad one, but that's a separate issue.
                  Why? It's clearly linked.

Comment

In what way? Do you not take dividends when you've made a profit?
                    I don't have massive pension fund liabilities, he did have and it was obvious that in event of inevitable downturn pension fund will have massive deficit.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Why? It's clearly linked.
                      He's wrong about that, but the divi situation seems unfair to me. Otherwise we're all guilty on this forum...he didn't asset strip the business to pay his divis afaik, unless something comes to light in the investigation
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X