• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain's trade options after Brexit - no easy way out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You're talking emotive provocative nonsense.

If immigration, from wherever it comes, is unrestricted in the coming years it will destroy our and our children's way of life, prosperity, security, and eventually even identity.

What kind of thoughtless imbeciles are content to let that happen, and in the long run utterly betray their own offspring?
    Ah there we go, that's much better. See?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Mordac won't be able to spell "x" on the ballot paper, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Just be grateful that emigrants like myself still have a vote to save you.
      Been practising, almost got the hang of it, thanks for asking...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Luxury goods are not price sensitive, by definition.
        If I was a lobbyist for the German motor industry I would insist on tariffs, knowing that people would still buy Mercs, BMWs and Audis in Britain whatever the price (especially if that price is hidden under PCP deals)
        Actually the majority of those cars are company/fleet purchase so adding the tariff not only hurts the on the road price but also screws the company car tax up and it won't take much to make the new Jag 3 series competitor the new company car of choice...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Actually the majority of those cars are company/fleet purchase so adding the tariff not only hurts the on the road price but also screws the company car tax up and it won't take much to make the new Jag 3 series competitor the new company car of choice...
          Perhaps, but I rather think Tata invested in Jag so they could sell to the large European market too.
          Anyway I don't think Jags will replace German cars at whatever cost - I for one would rather a Merc and I'm not going to quibble if its 4K more. I don't think I'm alone in that.
          And company car tax isn't based solely on cost anyway.
          Last edited by sasguru; 26 April 2016, 11:44.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Perhaps, but I rather think Tata invested in Jag so they could sell to the large European market too.
            Anyway I don't think Jags will replace German cars at whatever cost - I for one would rather a Merc and I'm not going to quibble if its 4K more. I don't think I'm alone in that.
            And company car tax isn't based solely on cost anyway.
            No, you're correct, it's based on emissions, and we all know where those figures came from, so at least we know where we stand. Knee-deep in horsecrap.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mordac won't be able to spell "x" on the ballot paper, so I wouldn't worry too much.
              If your username is based on the Mighty Boosh character (your avatar pic would add weight to this hypothesis), you know it's not spelled correctly?

I mean you are aware of this, right?
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Just be grateful that emigrants like myself still have a vote to save you.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  If your username is based on the Mighty Boosh character (your avatar pic would add weight to this hypothesis), you know it's not spelled correctly?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

No. Try Dilbert.

Comment

Working...
                    X