• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daftest question from an agent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Did you get your benefits sanctioned?
    lol. If I remember I was in contract at the time...
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You upped your game I see.

Clients are nobheads, agents are twats, fellow contractors are idiots, client permies are whatever you called them last.

Everyone has a name.... But you. Damn you must be good.
      Some people on this forum are ........

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Few months ago - Agent: "Do you want to work for a brilliant client where the work is interesting and you'll be wanting to go to work every day?"

Umm. Me: "Whats the role, rate and location?".

Agent: "/crap rate, Neath, South Wales"

Me: "Thanks for the interest but that's a bit low for me."

Agent (throwing toys out of the cot): "Well my client is looking for quality people and doesn't want people like you anyway if you can't see past the rate and see how good they are"

Twat.
        Accused of being a money grabbing mercenary git by a pimp, oh the irony!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          I would ask first about the role in detail and see if is an interesting role, instead of the rate.
          The question is moronic and answer from the agent it’s not professional. Why he called you?
          I live in Wales. Whenever a contract comes up in wales they know the rate is crap, and they know no-one is going to come to wales from a crap paid gig. Which is why they frantically all the contractors on their DB that live in wales.

If I let every agent with a gig this side of the border waffle on about how good the gig is then to find out its paying less than half market rate, I'd spend hours on the phone every day. Not saying Im not flexible for local stuff etc but if its so far below that its a piss take then why waste everyones time?

This guy knew he was trying to polish a turd here. Who knows maybe I was his last chance to talk someone into it?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Sorry to hear that. Afraid I didnt even get as far as the client name.

But the rate was 50% of normal. Crap even for wales.
            Worse than JSA?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Worse than JSA?
              Remember he does get the incontinence allowance as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Well that really is incredible.

I just can't get my head around the concept.

Though if it's offering minimum wage it might just make sense.

For Neath, like.
                Minimum wage in Neath is you have to pay them, isn't it Boyo...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Accused of being a money grabbing mercenary git by a pimp, oh the irony!
                  Oh PC will give them a run for their money every time, don't worry about that...... He's been on JSA more most of the pimps that should actually be using it.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Remember he does get the incontinence allowance as well.
                    How can he be both incontinent and full of s**t at the same time?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      How can he be both incontinent and full of s**t at the same time?
                      Post of the day

Comment

Working...
                      X